Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:praying: I just started having a problem with my 76 GL1000, it is popping out of first gear. Can anyone recommend how serious this problem could be?

Is it a gear I have to replace now and are they even available?

Thanks

David

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

sounds like you have a bad gear dog.. Just like cars, thats what keeps in gear.Oh thats what people call them, gear dog.. not calling you a dog lol

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Anyone have any idea if I can get one anywhere? Or is this old wing due now for parts heaven?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I am still hoping to get more info here. Has someone who has looked inside a GL1000 gearbox please comment here? A friend said gears rarely go bad so perhaps it is a bent shift fork or some such that I Can repair? Would love to think I can keep my wing alive a little longer.

Much thanks

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

what kind of oil you have in for starters

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
imported post

Digging into the tranny is fairly involved, and it might be cheaper to get a good used engine. If someone really beat on the shifter the fork could be bent/worn.

Bill

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

77Pinto wrote:
Digging into the tranny is fairly involved, and it might be cheaper to get a good used engine. If someone really beat on the shifter the fork could be bent/worn.

Bill
Correct, complete engine disassemble to find the problem and as new parts are no longer available you take your chances with used parts. Probably not worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.