Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:readit::readit:

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the Wild Rhinos are once again doing the 2nd Annual "Pop's Ride", a ride in memory of Popfly, Flyone's Dad who passed away 2 years ago in April.

We will do the ride on Saturday, April 27th. We are going to base the ride out of Atchison, Kansas this year and the host hotel will be the Super 8 in Atchison, Ks. The following are details for the hotel:

SUPER 8 ATCHISON
509 South 9th,
Atchison, KS 66002

Phone: 1-913-367-7666
Fax: 1-913-367-7566

Reg Rate: $81.67 tax incl. 1-2 people; $7 additional person

Wild Rhino Rates:
  • $68.75 tax included, 1-2 people
  • $73.42 tax included; 3-4 people
  • 24 hour cancellation notice
  • Continental Breakfast included
  • Price good for Friday the 26th & Saturday the 27th nights
  • Be sure and mention Wild Rhinos when you call to get this rate.
We will take a ride up along the Missouri River and come back down on the Missouri side taking in some beautiful country side and enjoying the rolling hills of northern Missouri. We will cover 3 states on our ride and FYI, Nebraska and Missouri are helmet law states.

I will post a schedule later, but I wanted to get this information out so you can get your reservation made!

We had a fantastic turnout for this ride last year and hope to see many of you again this year, sooooooooo, Mark your Calendars and call and make your reservation and join us for a great time and a great ride.

The Rhinos have been known to have a good time, so come ride with us!!!
It will be memorable for sure!!

Stay tuned for more information on eats and stuff on this thread.

See you April 27th!!

:):)

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
:sadguy::sadguy::sadguy:

Unfortunately, I will be working that week and will not be able to make it. Dang it!!!:lash::lash:

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Thanks for putting it together Rex!

Sorry you're not free that weekend John. :-(

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Count me out. Going on a cruise for 7 days so will be there in spirit but not body. Hope everyone has a great ride!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Count me and Missfire in !!!!!

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ziadelsol and pudgy, sorry you can't make it.

:sadguy:

Digger, sure wish you could make it too!

:applause:

blainevan & missfire, Looking forward to see you again!!

:congrats:

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been working on putting together a route for this ride. I do not have it finalized yet, but have a pretty good idea, following parts of the route we did last year with some new roads to travel as well.

:RTFM:

Right now I am looking at somewhere around 180 miles with Kickstands up no later than 11:00 am from the hotel, and arriving back in Atchison around 5:00 or 5:30 pm.

This should give everyone some idea to make your plans for arrival and if you want to stay 1 or 2 nights or not at all.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and Come On Spring!!

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
Sounds great Rex - thanks so much for putting this together.

(Assuming all goes well) we will only be about 40 miles away from Atchison when we move and I'm sure we could squeeze a few Rhinos in for Friday night. I'll be living at the doorstep of some nice riding roads (nice for Kansas at least)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
BPD 25 and I plan to be there as well. We've both got vacation time to burn and the wing needs miles put on it...Come on spring!!!

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
Me and Olive Oyl won't be able to make it. :sadguy: No sense trying to convince I'll heal anything up within the next 90 days.

All those years when I lived 40 miles from there, no one ever suggested an over-night event at Atchinson. Y'all are doin' this to a Popeye cuz ya think its way funny.

The ride up the "Scenic Glacial Route on Hwy 7" has always been one of my favorites in all of Kansas, though. I really like that little restaurant by the Rulo bridge for a coffe/coke where you can watch the river go by.... if someone north of KS is gettin' any rain.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
I really like that little restaurant by the Rulo bridge for a coffe/coke where you can watch the river go by.... if someone north of KS is gettin' any rain.
Last year the restaurant was closed and seeking new ownership. The floods the year before had done a number on it. I hope it's back open but I'm not holding my breath - they had a hefty price tag on it.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I hope to make it again, just have to wait and see when time is closer if I can or not though.

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a little added bonus for anyone going on this ride.

I have completed a DVD of our Wild Rhino's escapades for 2012 and I will show it on Sat. night of this ride, so come on up/down/over and join us for a great ride and a great time!!

:congrats::blowingup::blowingup:

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
I have a little added bonus for anyone going on this ride.

I have completed a DVD of our Wild Rhino's escapades for 2012 and I will show it on Sat. night of this ride, so come on up/down/over and join us for a great ride and a great time!!
:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Your videos are always the best! Thanks Rex!

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
Reservation has been made for the 26th and 27th! See everybody there!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
we will be there

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Thinking that myself and Gizmo may make this ride as well!!!! Going to depend on somethings, but hopefully we can make it there! Look forward to seeing everyone, it has been a little while. Looking forward to seeing you all! Still have to call and make reservations, so hope they still have a room left!

Cobra
:15grey:

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Reservations made! April 26th and 27th! See you all there!

Cobra

·
Senior Moments!
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, taking a break from the ole snowplow so thought I would start a list for this ride.

:readit:

So..... here we go!

Yuuuuuppppp.......
:congrats:

1. Rcameron
2. Cindy Cameron
3. Tybme
4. Flyone
5. blainevan
6. Missfire
7. BPD25
8. nagivator
9. bassmasterb65
10.Melinda
11.cobra57
12.Gizmo

Maybe
:waiting:

1. Chromo

Can't make it
:sobbing:

1. ziadelsol
2. DigbyODell
3. Pudgyhd
4. Popeye & Olive Oyl

So to add your name, just quote this post and insert your name, we would love to have you!

Come on Spring!!

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.