Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cheeky1::waving::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::waving::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::waving:

I dearly love my Honda ST1300 Sportstourer..... Once I kind of got to know it, got the seat in the right place, adjustedthe balancer shafts so it purrs like a stoned kitten, got over being mad about the submarginal battery the dealership sent me off with..... I just love the durn thing!

Smooth, silent, deadly..... it accelerates like a Spitfire and gobbles up corners and miles like Rosie O'Donnell does chocolates! Love it.....

I also dearly love my KLR 650.... cranky, cantankerous, built like a tractor, you can go anywhere anyplace on it.....from pavement onto gravel at 60mph? No problemo..... the KLR loves to be abused! Fun to work on, too........

But I have to admit that I'm looking for a good deal on a porky ol' Wing..... something used, and big andheavy and asthmatic and fuel starved and covered with acres of scratched chrome and dim auxiliary lights..... something kind of dowdy,something, like my Aunt Betty, who's seen better days! I want the old beast primarily because I love being here.... my favorite forum is a Goldwing forum? Then I should have aGoldwing under the porch! Got just enough room.....maybe.......

Yup, I need a porky ol' Wing so when Igo to Montrose next Sept to be with your porky old selves, I won't feel so out of place with my slender, sportstouring self!

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

CJ, I just knew you would get Wing Starved :grinner: :)

·
Administrator
26,167 Posts
imported post

Don't worry about it, you have a few months to look for a wing then a few more to fix it up. Besides, if they hadn't decided ST was sexier they would probably have called it a silverWING.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
you looking for a 12, 15, or 18?
My guess would be a 1100. Jack If we can figure out how to get it across the country I might have a deal for ya in a few days.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

You're a day late, but there will be others. There was a 1500 in Lakewood yesterday that is a salvage title but a runner for only $3K. Needed some transmission work and had some cosmetic flaws, but not bad from what I saw in the add, but it's gone today.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.