Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://www.pd13.com

Our Ontario Brethern. Have any of you attended this Rally in Port Dover. A guy I met in Cuba just sent me this link. I'm kind of interested and just wondering if any of you have ever attended?

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I'm supposed to be heading up there this year with a group of Harley riders. Better get my earplugs ordered. LOL

Port Dover has really become a large event and it's growing every year. Last year it rained andstill there were many bikers there.

Great party if you enjoy being around large groups of people.

Vic

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
http://www.pd13.com

Our Ontario Brethern. Have any of you attended this Rally in Port Dover. A guy I met in Cuba just sent me this link. I'm kind of interested and just wondering if any of you have ever attended?
Hey Kyle -ive attended the last 5 Friday The 13th s -quite a party- rain or shine- Rained all the way down- but thats ok- everybody just puts on there rain gear-and hits the road

You are gauranteed to meet up with packs of bikers along the way-

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

It appears I would be about a 2 day hard ride to get there. Best for me to head through the U.S. - Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Port Dover. Actualy my bud is from Simcoe. Still contemplating.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Hi you guys on the other side of the pond.

What do you mean it rained ???

I watch American thunder and it never rains anywhere, only in Ireland.

Enjoy the run.:cool:

Brown Bear.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

If you like rain you should have been here last year! Satrted raining in April and ended in September

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

Sorry -we had a fairly wet summer last year as well- so for this spring were spoiled last 2 weeks stedy riding every day- temps in high teens- now rain low temps

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

brown bear wrote:
:waving:

Hi you guys on the other side of the pond.

What do you mean it rained ???

I watch American thunder and it never rains anywhere, only in Ireland.

Enjoy the run.:cool:

Brown Bear.
It only rained on the Port Dover run, because of all the Irish heritage in the riders.:D

I have gone the last two years. It rained both times. Maybe time to denounce my Irish heritage... NOT!!! Family is from County Down.

:18gold:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

It's snowed here about everyday this past week. It's a miserable 0c today and at one point almost looked like a blizzard. My buddy from Simcoe is still convincing me into doing this trip. It had better damn well warm up!!!!!!!!

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

UUUGGGHHHH!!!!!

I'll freeze for the two 12-14 hr days it'll take me to get there, BBQ me on the 13th, and freeze my butt for the trip home. If I do this, I may have to trailer in.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

Keep watching the Weather Network. When I posted the link the other day it called for 13 degrees on Friday. When I just looked at the network, it is now calling for 21 and 0 rain.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Freakin weather!!!!!

wed 10-18

thurs 4-15

fri 15-26..........smokin!!!!!!!

sat 18-23 thundershowers!!!!!

sun 13 showers

Doesn't look good!!!!!!!!!!! Just looked!!!!!

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Just want to remind you guys that you need to arrive in Port Dover very early in the morning otherwise you'll have to park your bikes and possibly walk for 2 or 3 miles to get to the main area. Also, plan on sitting and idlingin traffic for long periods of time, so make sure your cooling system and charging system can handle the slow running.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Just talked to my buddy in Simcoe. He was in Port Dover today and said the bikes are starting to pile up. He has all the passes we need to get in and around. I don't think I'm gonna make it though. I've got two days to figure it out. Weather issues, staffing issues.....sucks!!!

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

My wife and I both had a wonderful time in Port Dover on Friday. Nice party, people were friendly and vendors did not gouge. I heard a report that over 100,000 bikers attended this event. Many were on Gold Wings although the majority of bikes by far were the V twin cruisers.

I'll be heading back next year, but, haven't decided if I'll be attending the January Friday 13th or October Friday 13th event since either one might be a bit chilly for riding. It would be nice if the guys from this site could meet outside of Port Doverand ride into town together.

Vic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.