Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to get my mitts on this 75 1000 through a labor trade. It has 42000 on it. I have been hunting around and don't find a whole lot of information on value. Ebay and CL have one pop up occasionally and they seem to range in the 2k to 3k in this condition. I don't know if that is reasonable or not. I would be trading retail for retail, so if anybody has any current information on value I would greatly like to hear it. The bike is in good shape, but is not an everyday rider. I can't go get it and ride it home without doing the usual rubber and fluids replacements.

I really like these old runners, they are the reason I started lusting after the big Hondas in my younger days. I hope to get this one up here, tho it would likely end up in my Father-in-law's garage, which would be an excellent home for it as well.

Thanks for your help once again!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
You and me both!!! That was the sort of bike that got me buying my first Wing aged 22..... me that is not the bike. :)

Haven't got a clue about value on your side of the Big Pond, but she sure looks nice. Wouldn't take too much TLC to get her looking amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Two to three thousand is reasonable. I didn't see a link to a picture, so.....
What is your intent? You want to ride it, or restore it? And how much do you want to put into it.
Oh yea, buy the way, where in Washington is it located? I'd like to sneak over there and beat you out of it.........

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
HA glhonda!! That's one of the 'interesting' parts. It is a town down by San Diego CA. That's why I don't want to grab it and ride. Too many miles on a rig that likely wants some attention prior to wracking up more miles:? It has not been run yet this year.

This was my first attempt at posting pictures from the photo gallery, so I might have messed it up. It sounded like Silverfox was able to view the pictures...They are in my gallery if you want to take a look there.

That looks like a jewel in your avatar! Is it a 1000 or 1100? I couldn't find a larger version to view......
(never mind....I just read your parts post and answered my own question)

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
This was my first attempt at posting pictures from the photo gallery, so I might have messed it up. It sounded like Silverfox was able to view the pictures...They are in my gallery if you want to take a look there.
Found it.
Looks pretty nice. The paint looks "bright", has the original grab rail, no real visible rust.
Trailering home is a good idea, but if runs relatively well, I'd go three.
For an extra two, you could have a decent show bike. Or change the fluids and drive it.
Don't come by my house though, I'll knock you down and take it away from you. Ask the kid next door!

·
Steve
441 Posts
I want the CB750 four next to it. I had a 73 looked just like that one and I miss that bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.