Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Might be trading my 64 chevy stepside for this, Cross your fingers for me!

Otherwise he is going to sell it for $1500, I am asking $2000 for my truck on craigslist or trade for a nicely taken care of cruiser. He emailed me back and said he was really interested in the trade and I sent hims a ton of photos as he requested.

I wanna be a WingMan again, Being the Mossbeater dude isnt as comfortable.

Well anyhow, I hope he goes thru with the trade.

Randy.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Good to hear from you Randy!:waving: I hope it works out for you.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Heres what he said to me in the email:

The Goldwing is really a great bike. I had taken it into a dealer here in Olympia in 2000 and they went through it for me... replaced the timing chain, did the carbs... and several other basic stuff. She has always been a great riding bike. It was acomfortable ride for my wife as well. The 1100's had just a bit bigger seats then the 1000 and while my wife is small, I'm a pretty big guy.

I just put it in the garage after my good friend / riding partnerdied of cancer and have not really ridden it much since. It has 47,245miles on it. The fender and side covers are off of it right now, but in primer. I have the paint for it... Centari if I remember correctly, both the black... and the purple "flip-flop" additive. Somewhereis a three ring binder that hasall the paperwork, and even an original sales brochure. I am still trying to find that.

I will know more aboutwhat's happening for me in the next day or so. I do have lots of other pictures of the bike, and can take any others you might want to see.... just let me know.

take care
Kenn

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the bike is ok. If you think the dollar amounts are fair, good for you! I got Bargoyle ( for you to compare) which is also an 80 gl1100, with 30,300 miles on her, for $1100. It has its share of small things to fix, and the paint is a bad amatuer job. It looks good from about 20 feet away...

I hope it works out for you. Are you close enough to Oregon that you can join us on our 1st Annual West Coast WingNuts Jamboree and Mosquito Roundup? Labor day weekend... See the posts in the events section... We'd love to see you and the missus there...

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Good luck Randy.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I bet you'll be a happy trucker if the deal goes through!:goofygrin:(well, ex-trucker anyway) I know I would be, if I were wingless.

Pete

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

I think any time you can trade something that requires 4 wheels for some thing that can get by with only two then its an upgrade. Of course I rode to work this morning in the rain and some people here question my reasoning.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

With those miles , the bike is worth 1500 easy !

I think he meant "Timing Belts" not chain ?

Go for it !:cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike, Randy (ran429) I had to do that, you know who gave me hell for calling folks by name, must be some Irish Island tradition. The probably address their wives formally until the 50th wedding anniversary after which they can use their first names, in private of course.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

exavid wrote:
Nice looking bike, Randy (ran429) I had to do that, you know who gave me hell for calling folks by name, must be some Irish Island tradition. The probably address their wives formally until the 50th wedding anniversary after which they can use their first names, in private of course.

I will answer to about anything but HEY YOU!? or (with onion paper sounding voice) sir...... sir.......siiiiiiiiiiiir...........hey sir mr would you..........Would you have any sp..............NO GET A JOB AND SOBER UP!!!!!:grinner: I will get ou a pop though!? How bout it?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Only about six states left that say "Pop' so most people won't know what your talking about ?!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Man, I get it from both sides of the world!

Ok, SODA .

There I said it, Now are you happy?:baffled::D

I used to say Soda instead of POP, But my wife always made fun of me so I started saying pop again. I like saying Soda though.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I grew up saying "Pop" and moved West and had to learn to say "Soda", now when I hear "POP" it sounds funny but brings back good memories !

Kinda like Y'all, YouAll, Yuns, and YousGuys!

All sound right depending where you're at, Eh!:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Toro feces! Soda is what you get at a soda fountain, ice cream and soda water, pop is the stuff in Pepsi, Coke, and such like! Now quit talking like a bunch of foreigners!

:whip::whip::whip::whip:Humph... folks tryin' to sound like a bunch of dandified Easterners.:thumpingmad:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Hey... how about SODA-POP!

Nice looking Wing. I hope you get it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Hey... how about SODA-POP!
Perfectly acceptable!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Hey, thought it was Sody-Pop? Around here in the South a carbonated soft drink is called a Coke.

Raymond

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.