Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 80 Goldwing Interstate Gl1100 and I'm thinking about trading it for a 83 Harley FXRT SportGlide that needs all the dressing and fenders, keys, ect... Not sure of the motor condition either, been sitting for over 2 years. Just trying to get some opinions on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

the Sport Glide has potential. parts are really easy to find. you can build the bike just about anyway you want. be very careful,if t has a "cowpie" shifter drum on it ,the tranny will probably shift sloppy. they can be made to work better ,but your wallet will feel it.
and the starter can be problematic.again you can fix everything.i have built a few Harleys if you get farther into this

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks for the reply. I guess my intentions are to get it running and throw a few pieces on it then sell it or possibly trade it for a newer aspencade. When I got this Interstate I got it in about 5 boxes and knew nothing about them and since finding all the helpful tips on this siteI have friends asking me to work on their wings. Lol. I told them with you guys helping anyone can do it. I just hope (if I do the trade) I can find just as much info on the FXRT as I did on the wing.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

you'll be able to find info and parts. Canyon Run and Fog Hollow are two good sources for most of the parts you need. the motor is an easy build. the top end can be done with standard tools. the tranny and bottom end requires a few specialty tools.all tool can be found. good luck

robin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.