Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a post a pic of your sidecar thread... might as well start one. Here's ours, a '91 SE with California Sidecar Friendship II. Ordered mounts from DMC (Dauntless), had to extend the sidecar frame forward - DMC supplied necessary pre-cut tubing which I brought to get welded - I installed the mounts, a Steerite modded triple tree, rebuilt the forks and set it up myself.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
This is my favorite picture of all time

Has my wife and my two mistress' in it and their not fighting, but their actually enjoying everybody's company

Here's a couple of close ups

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
My '82 Interstate with a 70's?? Auburn Gemini doublewide. From start to finished (well ALMOST finished!)

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
My sidecar rig, 1982 Goldwing/1977 Watsonian Monaco. Ibought the sidecar in 2001 and had it on an '81 until it died. Bought the '82 in 2007. I seem to be stuck in the '80's for motorcycles, but then I'm retired..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Sweet looking rig Bit! But someone mounted it on the wrong side of the bike!
:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
New to Sidecars

Sold my 1977 BMW R 60/7 and bought this 1981 Goldwing GL1100 with a side hack. I've not driven one before - in fact I've never even been in one, but a buddy who has had several test drove it for me and pronounced it sound and said that is pulls like a train.
This is my 4th Goldwing (I've got 3 GL1000's back in the USA).
The chair is a DBS, made in France (where I live half the year) and seems sturdy with massive bracing fore and aft.
The bike has a nifty Earles type front end with 3 rear shocks; one of which appears to be actuated by the sidecar. It also has another laterally mounted gas filled shock between the sidecar body and the frame.
Tires are Continental car tires all around.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm on new ground here.:bow:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Nice find Phavas!

I haven't seen a setup quite like that one. I'm interested in the car tire setup, are the bike rims standard Goldwing rims? Does the actuated shock change the bike/car alignment such that it can "trim" the rig for different road conditions?

My advice would be to get a lot of parking lot practice with ballast in the car. Humans make for poor ballast until you are more proficient. Above all, wives hate to be called ballast!

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Nice find Phavas!

I haven't seen a setup quite like that one. I'm interested in the car tire setup, are the bike rims standard Goldwing rims? Does the actuated shock change the bike/car alignment such that it can "trim" the rig for different road conditions?

My advice would be to get a lot of parking lot practice with ballast in the car. Humans make for poor ballast until you are more proficient. Above all, wives hate to be called ballast!

·
Registered
25 Posts
77 dirt bike

Buiding a '77 offroad adventure Wing as a test mule for the new C5 Performance ignition. Plans include 6,000lb winch, 10 gallon fuel tank, larger radiator located in the center of the rig, dirt bike inspired seat, full lower leg shields, heating duct routed for winter riding, and the sidecar will be a camper. Full knobby tires of course! www.c5ignitions.com explains the ignition and how it can be tailored to various loads such as a fully equipped sidecar for camping trips.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.