Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post when you get home!

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I’m not home yet....I’ve got 13 hours!

Reactions: flylow and AZgl1800

·
Administrator
25,719 Posts
Dodge & I got home last night. Sorry I didn't come down and say goodbye but I had enough of those micro monster bugs.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
13 Posts
I'm home also picked up my vehicle tag that was due to expire. One of the members pointed it out. Thanks!

Reactions: NC Aspenwing

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
We are home safe and sound, last hr riding in rain soaked us pretty good. 536 miles overall, Good times as always with wonderful old friends and some new ones too!!! Hobo says hi!!!

·
Pwhoever
3,117 Posts
I'm home too. Got home about a half hour ago. I was very happy to see all that came and do some catching up. Very much looking forward to Mideest M&G now and next years NASR. I have to also give a big Thanks to Carl for all the hard work he put in. Everything went smooth and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
We got home at 4:15 Eastern. Even with road construction delays down here. Mike we even got to ride on more of that chewed up road for a few miles. This wasn't squiggly though.
Hopped on the mower for an hour and rained on me for the last 5 minutes. Pouring down now. Glad we beat it here by a couple of hours.
Going out to eat and will post pics later.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
Left at 5:30 and got home at 4:30. 680 miles today, just over 1600 for the trip. At Colton's now for dinner.

·
Administrator
25,719 Posts
Did you ride it all in one day? That's a pretty good trek.
Actually didn't ride at all, we went by car because of the weather forecast but except for one downpour the weather was fine, figures.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,228 Posts
what a day! ( I think everyone knows, I drove the Pontiac Vibe )

started raining on me at 08:30, I left at 06:00 so I was out west a piece somewhere.
at 09:15 the clouds turned upside down and dumped buckets of water so hard all the traffic on I-80 slowed down to about 50 mph.... I just backed off and followed the "dry ruts" where the big stuff made a tunnel thru the water.
that rain just kept coming down, until 12:30 PM... wow!!!
added a lot of time to my trip.

then, Kansas decided to change up where they are doing road construction, I was detoured all over the place.

Finally got home at 6 PM.... safe and sound, but tired....
oh, the temps at the house were 96°F when I pulled in the driveway!!!

Really enjoyed our rally this time. more than before, I think the rain gave us all more time to sit and talk.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flyone is home back in Georgia!
Traffic and construction was terrible and my 13 hour trip turned into 16 as four different times I was sitting in a parking lot on the interstate. Left Galena, IL at 6:30 am and got to Newnan, GA at 11:30 pm. Great time at the event, will post more later.....Goodnight!!!

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Button Lady and D-Rod left NASR 12 around 8:30 am CST and just safely arrived home at 11:30 EST. Thank you to Carl Roland and everyone for making it such a fantastic time!

·
Just one of the guys
4,794 Posts
Rina and Doug got home about 6 this evening (Saturday).

No travel problems other than some horrid traffic on I80 near the IL/IN state line for about 15 miles.

We certainly had a great time, Thank you Carl for being a great host.

·
Premium Member
12,056 Posts
Larry And Dee Dee checking In safe at home. Wasn't the best trip home
but we did make It. 2374.4 miles total. Left Galena about 5:45 Fri. morning and ran
Into 1 storm in central Illinois, Pulled the bike into a car wash bay and went next door
to a Subway and had lunch while we waited the storm out. Rain let up so we took off again. Made It about 75 miles further and one of the worst storms I've ever seen rolled
In. So we made It to a Stuckeys store and abandoned the bike and waited out the weather there. So the rains let up so we took off again. Made It to I-24 headed for Nashville. Was about 7miles from Paducah, Kentucky when traffic came to a dead stop.
A semi Had blown over on the Ohio river bridge going Into Paducah. So we sat on I-24 for 4.5 hours along with 100's of other travelers. Finally about 9:45 they opened the road back up so we decided to get a room In Paducah Instead of Nashville.
Today we Got up and checked the weather and It wasn't much better, Storms all around, we decided to leave anyway about 6:30 this morning. Heading toward Nashville
Lightening was bad so we pulled into a store and waited It out. Finally we made It through Nashville and the weather eased up so we started making descent time. Arrived home about 8:45 tonight. Thanks to Carl for hosting a great event. Hope to
see you all again next year.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Anita and I are home safe and sound. Thanks Carl for a great time.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Flylow and daughter (Ree) made it home about 7:30 on the 22 with 1640 on the clock. We had a great time thanks to all that were in attendance and a special thanks to Carl for making it happen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts