Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
I got home about 1:30 this afternoon Sally about 4 Had a terrible trip home just like Larry but instead of all that rain we had to deal with endless sunshine, what a bugger. Thanks as always to Bob and Anita for making yet another great trip possible, and thanks to Carl and Mike for a great job (once the whole ketchup thing got worked out :eek:) )

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
We're home safe and exhausted. Will post more tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
We're home. Awesome job Carl, though you coulda got better cooks, and dishwashers. Time to start the diet once I get through 6 cans of deviled ham I came into, the 3 bags of fritos corn scoups and cheese sauce, 4 lbs of assorted licorice from Menards, 6 packs of Grands sourdough biscuits, 8lbs Jimmy Dean Sausage, 10lbs of cheese, and assorted chubs of salami. Hold on.... gotta go for a snack....I'll be right back....

3 days in Chicago was amazing, glad we went. Got the important stuff done like Chicago meat sandwich, Chicago hotdog (no ketchup), and Chicago deep dish pizza, traditional sausage of course. A burger that rivals Dirty Gurts. Hold on.... gotta go for a snack....I'll be right back....

Ran pretty much the whole 2 weeks without rain. It caught us on and off all day running out of Chicago, but the 9hrs riding went fast!!!! Rather ride in some rain than 90 plus temps with no clouds. Final day we got gully washed pulling onto an off ramp in Grandforks Nd for gas. We were only in it for about 30 seconds but did it blow and come down hard and soaked us to the bone!!!! The whole storm only lasted about 5 minutes and must've dropped 3 feet of rain and 50 rounds of thunder/lightning!!!!!

Thanks to all the folks new and old, for showing us a great time.

Note to every and anyone going close to Chicago.....ya gotta do the Volo Museum, ittsa a must. Never seen such a variety of antiques, cars, boats, bikes, campers, motorhomes, die cast, one offs, Hollywood props, celebrity cars, toys, drugstore rides, pinball etc. Most of the stuff there you can buy, ride, or play.

Attachments

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Estella "The Bride" and I made it home about 8:00 pm Monday night. We camped at Blanding Landing down on the Mississippi and our Daughter in law and son came over and camped with us till Monday morning. We hit some of those horrendous storms in Southeast IL. Farm fields were flooded, the road almost impossible to follow. Sure were not any bugs left on the front of the camper. Chances of thunderstorms today (Wednesday) so we still have not put the Aspen up so it can dry. We are sure that water was driven up under the cover.

Was a great event and THANKS to Carl and others for making it happen.

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
Which is the MAIN reason I don't do interstates when I (rarely get to travel) on 2 wheels

21 - 26 of 26 Posts