Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
This is our 1997 GL1500SE / '98 Lehman GTL and 1997 Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer.

I have (since this picture was taken) replaced the absolutely horrible seat with the almost unused (3 months or so in 1997) original and Utopia back rest.

I think it'll last us a long time yet I think .... :)

The trailer top was originally done with a mural, then it got scratched by the '02-'04 owner laying something on it and it was repainted, and after I bought it the candy top coat began pealing in large pieces and so I covered the top with adhesive backed heavy duty textured vinyl like steps are covered with (come in rolls, see ebay) .... but one day I plan to simply remove chrome, plug holes with screws from below, and have top coated in "Line-X" bed spray and then reattach the trim.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Seeing some really nice picture of Bike and Trailers out there. Really good to be getting the year of the trailer and model of the trailers for reference for other riders that maybe wanting to get one...
I see Crystal Pistol trailer, which is a 1997, is a lot like mine, (first post)1987 Time trailer, except i believe his lid is a little better design.. more aerodynamic. Still waiting for Halfling to say what he use's the PVC pipe under his trailer for.. This spring, i think i will put one under mine. I think i could get a pop up tent in a 6 in PVC... :bow: Condor, Mid Mo

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Seeing some really nice picture of Bike and Trailers out there. Really good to be getting the year of the trailer and model of the trailers for reference for other riders that maybe wanting to get one...
I see Crystal Pistol trailer, which is a 1997, is a lot like mine, (first post)1987 Time trailer, except i believe his lid is a little better design.. more aerodynamic. Still waiting for Halfling to say what he use's the PVC pipe under his trailer for.. This spring, i think i will put one under mine. I think i could get a pop up tent in a 6 in PVC... :bow: Condor, Mid Mo
Halfling uses PVC pipe to store tent poles.:waving:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks Sethan12, that was my first thought when i see it but wasn't sure... You had a little guy trailer, and it looked sharp hooked up to your bike.. are you trail-less now? Condor

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
This is our 1997 GL1500SE / '98 Lehman GTL and 1997 Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer.

The trailer top was originally done with a mural, but one day I plan to simply remove chrome, plug holes with screws from below, and have top coated in "Line-X" bed spray and then reattach the trim.

Thats a nice looking set up!! Tastefully done!

I often wondered how a bedliner type spray would work on the tops of those. I see a lot of those type trailers and quite a few have either sun damage or have just been repaired from sun damage, or other damage, like cargo scratches etc..... I wold think the bed liner spray would stiffen it up, hold it together and take a beating from the weather and the cargo if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Thats a nice looking set up!! Tastefully done!

I often wondered how a bedliner type spray would work on the tops of those. I see a lot of those type trailers and quite a few have either sun damage or have just been repaired from sun damage, or other damage, like cargo scratches etc..... I wold think the bed liner spray would stiffen it up, hold it together and take a beating from the weather and the cargo if needed.
Thank You Sir! :waving:

I find it very handy actually, when on rides and pulled off at an overlook or other rest stop, very convenient to lay jackets and set helmets on short term with no worries. When (assuming if) I peel the adhesive backed vinyl off and have it sprayed, I'll open the lid, tape / paper the sides, and after prep .... have top done with Line-X minus traction granules, I was quoted $100.
I also think it'ld be easy to add stiffness with some mesh in the Line-X between coats.
I bought the vinyl cheap enough though and it cleans up nice and looks good "dressed", I have a whole afternoon trimming / fitting invested in it.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
2009 Level III GL1800 and 1993 Time Out Dart color matched to bike... Trailer was originally black to match my 1993 Aspencade...

Les

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Our Ride

Couple of pics of trailer alone in it's transformation of colors. Added some artwork to the trailer when re-painting. Put the emblems of the Army Navy Airforce and Marines on the four corners and Fire Dept cross on the lid.

Well i think the pics are attached. Not real intuative on uploading pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Jaxn,
That is a fine looking trailer.. beautiful paint job and graphics..question: I couldn't find the latch on the lid.. I'm thinking it has to open from the back..also what year and make of the trailer? pS Bike looks great too!!!
Condor Mid Mo :bow:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
thanks Sethan12, that was my first thought when i see it but wasn't sure... You had a little guy trailer, and it looked sharp hooked up to your bike.. are you trail-less now? Condor
Currently have a road dog trailer. Wife made me buy a motorhome, and we currently trailer the wing to our destination. A happy wife makes a peaceful home.:waving:We WILL tour by motorcycle again sometime in the future.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
The trailer is a 1996 Escapade. Yes the lid opens from the rear and is why the Maltese cross is painted on facing the front of the trailer. That way when the lid is open it displays beautifully. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Jaxn, It is really a nice paint job. Couple of the pictures were blurred, but the ones that weren't, were nice. It's way up on my list of the nicest one I've seen yet.
I was hoping (and a little disappointed) that there would be more posting of trailers (with the year and model) added in to the thread...and i thought it would be handy to have a place to go to look at all the different options out there, if a person was looking for a certain size, shape, homemade/ factory, etc..
The last year or so, i'm seeing more and more Riders pulling trailers around the Lake area, here in Missouri and i think it is catching on...
Can't wait for the Weather to Break !!! Condor Mid mo

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Trike and Trailer

1982 GL1100I Lehman Trike and Cyclemate trailer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
2013 level 1 Goldwing
Cyclemate trailer. I'm not sure of the year, it came with the 1986 Goldwing I bought a couple wings ago. I really need to get it painted to match the bike! Especially after seeing how sharp these other trailers look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
MNWingrider,
I think you have a fine trailer, i'm liking the size and shape of it. I wish my trailer was just a tab bit smaller than it is, it sticks out on both sides of my bike and like, 5 feet long. One other note.. My brother in law just bought a New 1800 Goldwing last week that looks exactly like yours! Even same color...
Condor, Mid Missouri Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Thanks Condor, I need to get a better picture. One of the things I use this trailer for is hauling leaves to the compost site. Gives me another reason to ride. We've also used it for runs to Costco and camping with my brother. We are still hoping to head your way this summer. We'll see what happens. I hope your brother-in-law likes his bike as much as I like mine. I put 14,000 miles on it last summer and hope to do the same again this summer. Just all this snow to go away! Steady temps above zero would be good too

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
MNWingrider
just seen the weather here, 30 degrees in the morning and 60 in the afternoon. Will ride the wing in the morning !! YES!! Can't wait!!
Need any more information on getting thru Missouri, give me a Holler. I'll help
Condor, Mid Mo

·
638 Posts
here's my 2012 timeout xl1800 looking to upgrade to a camper trailer new or used.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
here's mine, 2010 CSC trike and a homemade aluminum box trailer. It looks to be something similar to a harbor freight frame.

21 - 40 of 236 Posts