Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 236 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Nice rig but the op said state what you have so others know what they are looking at. (There will be those who see this thread trying to identify their rig):readit:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The rig is a 99 valkyrie interstate which has an Endeavor prototype conversion installed - this is one of 5 built.

I can't post links directly to the main page but just google IDO-Endeavor for the full story behind this and other builds.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
The rig is a 99 valkyrie interstate which has an Endeavor prototype conversion installed - this is one of 5 built.

I can't post links directly to the main page but just google IDO-Endeavor for the full story behind this and other builds.
Go back and edit the post with the picture, include the trailer information too.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey storm, i give you this, it's different, and the trailer is really sharp too. i like the flow and shape of it.. and the color is very nice.. I'm guessing you going to give us information on the trailer? Year and model..Do you have a pic of the rearend of it? Looks like it has some nice looking lights on it.. and do i see side pipes sticking out from the side of it?? lol , that a first for me!!:readit:

Djoyner, nothing wrong with a homemade trailer, you won't stay no drier if it was factory built.!!:claps:
Condor, Mid Mo.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Storm, Any history on the wing on the back? Help it out any? Iv'e seen several guys asking /wanting to put a spoiler on their trailer. Also, is it homemade and if so, whats it made of? Are you experiencing and stress cracking where it is mounted down to the trailer? "inquiring Minds want to know" !!
I have built a couple of those for cars on a C&C machine, out of "spun Aluminum" it turned out better than a factory one.. debated about making on for mine, but as you see, i have a luggage rack, and i just don't want to remove it..
Condor, Mid Mo
(1998 time Trailer)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Storm, Any history on the wing on the back? Help it out any? Iv'e seen several guys asking /wanting to put a spoiler on their trailer. Also, is it homemade and if so, whats it made of? Are you experiencing and stress cracking where it is mounted down to the trailer?
I have built a couple of those for cars on a C&C machine, turned out better than a factory one.. debated about making on for mine, but as you see, i have a luggage rack, and i just don't want to remove it..
Condor, Mid Mo
Sorry, i stated it was a 1998, it's not, it's a 1989 Time trailer

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hey storm, i give you this, it's different, and the trailer is really sharp too. i like the flow and shape of it.. and the color is very nice.. I'm guessing you going to give us information on the trailer? Year and model..Do you have a pic of the rearend of it? Looks like it has some nice looking lights on it.. and do i see side pipes sticking out from the side of it?? lol , that a first for me!!:readit:

Djoyner, nothing wrong with a homemade trailer, you won't stay no drier if it was factory built.!!:claps:
Condor, Mid Mo.
Thanks Condor. I haven't camped in when it was raining (yet), but I did a 'leak test' with a water house and it appears to be fairly leak proof. Lol

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Newday777

I'm thinking about pulling my tail lights off. They look to "Camper Style" for me. I seen you had a pic of a Quantum trailer, and i like the tail lights on it, i'm thinking flush mount, wrap around type.. are these factory or do you know where replacements can be found? If i have to, i can do glass work to mold them in.. just wondering? Seems to me, the new 1800 Goldwings change the saddlebags lights to wrap around.. My 1500 has wrap around on the Trunk Box, but there only 2.5 in. tall, thinking thats not enough. I checked and I have 5 inches of room i can use for top to bottom...
I open for suggestions...
Condor Mid Mo

Back of my 1987 time Trailer
100_1226.jpg

but want to go to something like this.
View attachment Trailer light.bmp

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
A Quantum, me? I posted my Aspen camper and the Escapade in this thread.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I see that now, i pulled this picture you had on, the thread, "Want to add a spoiler to my harbor freight Tag-along trailer." Looks like it was the 7th thread down, and in a motorcycle showroom.
Sorry bout that.. :? Condor:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Oh ya. The Bushtec Quantum.
Yes the newer trailers are designed to accept the 1800 lights to get the 1800 owners baited. Just like the Escapade SE had the same lights and paint scheme as the SE 1500. Bait and Hook.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Here is mine at Big Meadows on the Skyline Drive in VA.
Information on what you are posting is the request of the op. That way all know what they are looking at. Go back and edit your post with the information.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi Guys, I've ran across a thread of a "Campervan" and thought i would throw it in here in case some of you might of missed it. It is in the Tech Forum and if i do not get the link right or the picture, you can do a Search on "Campervan" and it should find it. If you read down thru the posts, there's even a video of it being pulled..
Please keep the trailer Year and Models coming, as there is a lot information out there.. Also add any modifications that can improve existing trailers. I'm still waiting for Feedback from "Storm", on how his "Airwing" on the back of his trailer is built and if he notice a difference in the handling of it.. Wonder it it improved fuel economy on his bike?? I would think it would help
Ride Safe, Condor, Mid Missouri
If the picture works, again, this is not my trailer, it is a prototype that believe was built in 2013, but i do not think it has a Model Name yet.

Hi Guys, I've ran across a thread of a "Campervan" and thought i would throw it in here in case some of you might of missed it. It is in the Tech Forum and if i do not get the link right or the picture, you can do a Search on "Campervan" and it should find it. If you read down thru the posts, there's even a video of it being pulled..
Please keep the trailer Year and Models coming, as there is a lot information out there.. Also add any modifications that can improve existing trailers. I'm still waiting for Feedback from "Storm", on how his "Airwing" on the back of his trailer is built and if he notice a difference in the handling of it.. Wonder it it improved fuel economy on his bike?? I would think it would help
Ride Safe, Condor, Mid Missouri
If the picture works, again, this is not my trailer, it is a prototype that believe was built in 2013, but i do not think it has a Model Name yet.

http://www.goldbrand.info/images/why/side.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Condor

Air wings on the goldwing or a trailer are useful....Only for looks. Does nothing to effect the handling of either.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
My trailer is fully home brew as is the RT conversion concept. I modeled the trailer after my 1986 Camaro. On the Camaro I ran 12 wide tires so I flared the rear of the car and I also ran the exhaust out the sides - 4 pipes each side. The trailer has 3 out each side as it's behind one of my 6 cylinder motorcycles (valk or wing) This trailer has had several paint changes as it was originally red then green and now it's black.
It's built out of wood and hardened press-wood for the most part. The spoiler is just for looks.
I don't use a ball hitch as the trailer hitch attaches directly into the receiver and has a 360degree swival joint. This eliminates rattles and with this setup safety chains are not required as it falls into a 5th wheel catagory. I do run one safety chain however just for the heck of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
95 1500SE with 2010 HF trailer and a wrecked 99 1500 under the tarp.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 236 Posts