Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
58,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a PM asking why his new computer won't post pictures, so I am going to run through the drill here and see what is his problems in Win10.....

I rebooted my laptop into Win10 so we can compare Apples to Apples. :)

Okay, I just clicked on the Landscape Icon which is labeled "Insert Image".
then I clicked the middle of that Icon and went to "this PC > My Pictures"

Scrolled down thru the pictures and then clicked once on this pix.
then I clicked on "Open" which is on the lower right of the screen.

A few seconds later, the Image shows up, and I can press the ENTER key to add a few blank lines and insert this text describing what I did.

.If.... you want to link to an External Image, choose the URL link instead, and paste in the URL that defines the "Image Location"

. this image came from www.Imgur.com

·
Registered
702 Posts
Most of my Windoze boxes are now upgraded to Win 10 Porfessional Edition (there's still a Win7/Linux laptop, a Win7/8.1 PC, a Win 7/XP PC and a old Win98 PC), I never realized how CRIPPLED Win 10 Home Edition was until a buddy of mine brought over his laptop to upgrade the HDD to SSD and do some admin functions, some of them simply don't exist on Win10 Home.

·
Administrator
58,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the 'home edition' is deliberately penalized for not paying the tithes to big mother for her archaic software.

I have Win7 Pro on a 10 year old Gateway desktop, came with 6gB RAM and 1tB HDD.
it still performs very well for me. The day that Win8.1 was introduced, I disabled the Update Manager and it has not received a single update since that point..... a miracle it still works, right?

Fact is, most of those security updates are just more malware to slow down the PC, and make a mish mash of the Registry.

I have Classic Shell installed on all of the Windows PCs in this house. My daughter is forced to stay with Windows because all of her work is done with ACCESS. And search as I may, there just simply is NOT any software anywhere, that can do what ACCESS does, nor will any other software import an ACCESS file and make it work.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Classic Shell on everything, won't be without it, esp Win 8/10.

I have to keep everything on my network patched and current, a requirement from work if I'm going to connect to their network to work remote.

·
Administrator
58,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Classic Shell on everything, won't be without it, esp Win 8/10.

I have to keep everything on my network patched and current, a requirement from work if I'm going to connect to their network to work remote.
back when I lived in Phoenix, AZ working for the Fire Dept, I had to keep my PC patched and up todate also, for the same reason.

and they only allowed us to use a specific VPN which only tunneled into their server.

·
Magic Moderator
4,478 Posts
I haven't played with the Windows 10 Professional edition, but is it better than the Home Edition? I'm looking to 'Clone' the hard drive and save the original.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts