Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
imported post

Of course BB was only having a bit of fun and it was funny :):),,,But it would have started a trend and then it would have got out of hand ,,so we stepped in and nipped it in the bud...I for one would miss all the rubbish if people stopped posting it in the discussion forum ,,,Every day people log on here to brighten up their day and if this part of the forum was to turn into a serious ,straight faced discussion area I dont think many people would visit ,,,So keep up the good humoured replys and as for REDWING not visiting the board as often ....now thats a load of rubbish :waving::waving:....cheers Ciaran
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

Most of the BS or rubbish has been posted the last couple of weeks by 3 or 4 members seems to me. A little sillyness is ok once in a while but I am getting tired of reading junk post. If you have something to say worth saying then say it, if you just want to be an idiot and ramble post after post then do it somewhere else...:action:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Brojees wrote:
So what about the vote for worst poster, REDWING wins?
Nah, you got that for the gawd awful pictures!
You don't like my Bunnies?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
exavid wrote:
Brojees wrote:
So what about the vote for worst poster, REDWING wins?
Nah, you got that for the gawd awful pictures!
You don't like my Bunnies?
A little insanity goes a long way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
imported post

DJ sums it up well;

"A bit of rubish is fine, we all do it sometimes. We don't want it getting out of hand though..."

We all love a bit of it and BB obviously realize that he might be setting a new trend. By the way DJ, there is a spell checker on the forum... ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

BRowan wrote:
DJ sums it up well;

"A bit of rubish is fine, we all do it sometimes. We don't want it getting out of hand though..."

We all love a bit of it and BB obviously realize that he might be setting a new trend. By the way DJ, there is a spell checker on the forum... ;)
but you don't use it though do you BRowan!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Most of the BS or rubbish has been posted the last couple of weeks by 3 or 4 members seems to me. A little sillyness is ok once in a while but I am getting tired of reading junk post. If you have something to say worth saying then say it, if you just want to be an idiot and ramble post after post then do it somewhere else...:action:
Guilty as charged your honour!:blushing:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
imported post

The last 2 post by silver fox are exactly what I was talking about ....why not put everything into one post ?Just put the name of the person you are answering at the start of the line ...and when you are replying to multiple posts ,start a new line with the name of the 2nd person etc etc etc ...Ciaran
 
G

·
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Most of the BS or rubbish has been posted the last couple of weeks by 3 or 4 members seems to me. A little sillyness is ok once in a while but I am getting tired of reading junk post. If you have something to say worth saying then say it, if you just want to be an idiot and ramble post after post then do it somewhere else...:action:
Hey dean_3326 :waving:What you have just said is 100% correct. :clapper:It's stuff like that which has ruined forums. :crying:I know that i have posted rubbish over the past year, but im an old guy and i just enjoy the company of the forum :clapper:but i hope that i have never offended anyone. :crying:

:byebye::18red::byebye:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
The last 2 post by silver fox are exactly what I was talking about ....why not put everything into one post ?Just put the name of the person you are answering at the start of the line ...and when you are replying to multiple posts ,start a new line with the name of the 2nd person etc etc etc ...Ciaran
Ok, I haven't done this knowingly, I am a novice to the old computers and I probably should wait to see if I would get a post from more than one person in an evening, for the same subject, Sorry.:gunhead:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
imported post

SILVERFOX SAID....Ok, I haven't done this knowingly, I am a novice to the old computers.......................................................

Thats the problem with OLD computers ,I think you should buy a new one or you could end up like REDWING getting Shep the dog to type everything........:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Cheers Ciaran
 
G

·
imported post

englishted wrote:
I guess we all post a bit of rubbish now and again (apart from Redwing who does it all the time) but I seen the posts last night that brought up this matter. It was 12 posts in a row by oneBB and all he had in each post was 140, 141, 142, ie it was a countdown to active member. Now that was a real waste of a page and it could have started a trend. In that respect I'm glad it was stomped on as it was just abusing the space on the page. I don't think the average poster who inadvertently posts something useless is at risk here, only people manipulating post counts by daft means. Deleting those 12 posts is a good move as it discourages more of the same.

And as for Redwing retiring from the forum, well thats rubbish for a start. Redwing will never retire! :p
Hey englishted :waving: I will make no bones about it. :stumped:I was the member who drew this to the attention of wingnut and wexman by PM.:clapper:I would hate to see the ruination of this great forum by anumber of fools. :whip:The number of members who more or less depend on this forum for Tech help :weightlifter:is enormous and this should not be sacrificed for these fools. :whip: It's important that these members should know :doh: that they would not be the first to be banned from this forum if this should happen. :thumpingmad:

:realshocked::18red::realshocked:
 
G

·
imported post

wexman wrote:
Of course BB was only having a bit of fun and it was funny :):),,,But it would have started a trend and then it would have got out of hand.
Hey wexman :byebye: No i dont agree with you. :stumped: This was acting the fool and there's no other name for it. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
imported post

Well as I said before ,,I dont think there was any harm intended from BB ,And on every forum now and again the whip has to be introduced ,:whip:,,so now thats the end of it lets get on with what we all do best ...answering the questions and joining in the good humoured banter ..:bash:...back to work ..:angel2:.cheers Ciaran
 
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top