Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:11red:The Union Tribune ran a story about two motorcyclists that almost lost it due to pot holes in the road. One guy blew out both his tires and rims and had close to $600. damage and the other guy had $1400.00 worth of damage. Along with the price of the repairs, one guy's insurance company was dropping his "good driver" rating which will cost him more.

In San Diego, where we have a wonderful Mayor and city council (Our mayor was rated the 3rd worse in the US according to Time), we have had potholes galore both onside streets andfreeways. In the canyons we have loose rocks and sand on the road. The extra rain we have had and thelack of fundsfor taking care of the roads have taken there toll. I'm thinking of buying off-road tires for the Goldwing.

My main point is that now that weather is getting better, WATCH OUT FOR POT HOLES, LOOSE GRAVEL AND MUDSLIDES. Keep your bike vertical, or at least no more than 45 degrees.

Have fun

Jerry:skipping:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Watch for tire pieces also!

We just had two riders go the hospital when one hit a piece of tire from a semi truck and dumped him at about 75mph. The second rider crashed trying to avoid the first rider when he went down.

Bob

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You got that one Bob, rubber alligators scare most of all on the freeway. Either a truck throwing one or a car hitting one and bouncing it into me. Those chunks can weigh 40lbs or more, at freeway speeds it would sure take you out. I had one hit a fender on my car years ago (when they had some steel in the fenders) and the dent it made was about 18" in diameter and 4" deep.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Watch out for those "Gators", they bite hard !

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

Don't ride anywhere near Boston. Our roads are the worst they have been as long as I can remember.

Its like an obstacle course. If you don't see one it could be one of those nice 1 foot deep ones that will bite you.

steve in revere,ma
90 GL1500

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Never ride above or beyondyour capabilities no matter what the circumstances. :crying:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Fellas......come to Manitoba where the permafrost creates interesting third world road conditions. I've always raved about the good ol American two lane blacktop. Nothing like it for relaxed comfy cruisin!!! Then there are those insane Interstates that are a Natural Disaster waiting to happen. They've got all kinds of interesting obstacles, rubbergators, armadillo speed bumps, and rhinos that clip along at 100mph.

Kyle

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
Fellas......come to Manitoba where the permafrost creates interesting third world road conditions. I've always raved about the good ol American two lane blacktop. Nothing like it for relaxed comfy cruisin!!! Then there are those insane Interstates that are a Natural Disaster waiting to happen. They've got all kinds of interesting obstacles, rubbergators, armadillo speed bumps, and rhinos that clip along at 100mph.
Kyle
I have found much to stimulate my attention to the road in Mexico!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

poffy 74:

Boston has become "A Must To Avoid" (with apologies to Peter Noone); the "Big Dig" and the constant construction on the highways around that city have made it tough to want to go there. Too bad-it's a beautiful place.

My cousin is in Nashua, New Hampshire, and that's as close as I want to get (despite the lure of Fenway Park)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.