Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just purchased and Eklipes Universal Power Outlet (see link below) for my 1100. I want to use it to power my ipod or sirius radio. I bought this particular outlet, because it connected to the battery like a battery tender does. I thought I could just plug the outlet into the pigtails on my battery that are used with my battery tender. Well, it works just fine. Connects ok and powers my ipod.

There is one difference that concerns me. The fuse in the battery tender pigtail is 75 and the fuse in the power outlet pigtail 15. What risk is there using my ipod with a 75 fuse instead of a 15?

Thanks for you help.

http://www.brookshireinnovations.com/

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

The wire on the power outlet is probably not as big and could catch fire long before the 75 blew out therefore catching the bike on fire.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

think you'll be ok if your acc. fuse is next to your bat connection that way the length of your acc. wire is protected by 15 amp fuse in stead of the 75 amp

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I was afraid of that. I guess I should just run it to the accessory terminal to protect the wire. I hadn't even considered the fuse when I was looking at it at the store. Ithought it would be the easiest install to attach itto the battery tender pigtail.

Anyway, I'm sure if I ran it straight from the battery I'd forget to unplug/turn off the ipod or sirius and drain my battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.