Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]i have some questions about Arkansas before we start packing next week>>>>>>>

1. weather. i know, hot. but how hot and what to wear? does it get cold at night time??

2. bugs and things. are there snakes and scorpions over there? posinous frogs? we were in Spain one year and an English woman got bit by an adder that was hiding in her handbag.

3. local produce/that is home brew.. will anyone be bringing samples for us to try out?

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.

any tips or things to know for people from the colder parts of the world?
[/align]

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
[align=center]i have some questions about Arkansas before we start packing next week>>>>>>>

1. weather. i know, hot. but how hot and what to wear? does it get cold at night time??

2. bugs and things. are there snakes and scorpions over there? posinous frogs? we were in Spain one year and an English woman got bit by an adder that was hiding in her handbag.

3. local produce/that is home brew.. will anyone be bringing samples for us to try out?

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.

[/align]
While we do have some snakes here, they are generally confined to the woods and deep grassy areas. Not too sure how bad they are in AR specifically.

Also not sure how the mosquitos are there but down here they can be real pesky.

I have some items with me I can give you to use for those if they are a problem but last time I was in AR, there were few things to 'bug' you.

Produce is something that locals would probably have to provide unless you find a grocery nearby. There is a WalMart over in the next town east of AR so you can investigate that. One of the things eating on us over here about the produce is a lot of it is coming in from foreign countries so you gotta watch that.

KFC's are good or bad depending on who is running the franchise. Trust me, there is a lot better fried chicken here in the south than KFC. Lots better.

Bring something to get in the pool with and plan on light dress. I also recommend something heavier like a light jacket and pants in case we get a storm but those don't usually last too long.

AR and KS/MO folks can get more specific for the locale but this is pretty close, I'd bet.

Looking forward to seeing you again. I need some symbolic hand gestures lessons anyway. :waving:

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:

1. weather. i know, hot. but how hot and what to wear? does it get cold at night time??[/align][align=center]Light jacket or sweater.
2. bugs and things. are there snakes and scorpions over there? posinous frogs? we were in Spain one year and an English woman got bit by an adder that was hiding in her handbag.[/align][align=center]Skeeters only bother me when the wife is not around.
[/align][align=center]???????????????????
[/align][align=center]

4. does the KFC chicken taste better down south than in New York?? it was awful muck up there,, chicken full of water and the crispy stuff hard as a rock. big dissapointment that was.[/align][align=center]I prefer Popeyes for fried chicken.

[/align]

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I used to like Mrs. Winner's real well but they melted down a few years ago. Now, Bojangles is about as good as I've found.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

[align=center]???????????????????
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]I think the Young Man is talkin about some of that " Shine " that was auctioned off at N3[/align]

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
[align=center]I think the Young Man is talkin about some of that " Shine " that was auctioned off at N3[/align]
[align=center]yeah thats the stuff i was talking about.. just to rub on and scare off the mosquitos. :smiler:
[/align]

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
[align=center]yeah thats the stuff i was talking about.. just to rub on and scare off the mosquitos. :smiler:
[/align]
That stuff would tear the hide off ya'all if you rubbed it on your skin.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I used to like Mrs. Winner's real well but they melted down a few years ago. Now, Bojangles is about as good as I've found.
I service the Mrs Winners that are around here, best Chicken Hands down!

Servicing restaurants, you learn the one to eat at and the ones NOT to eat at, sorry, but there isn't a KFC I would step foot in........ I find most small Mom and Pop southern style restaurants offer up the best foods, at the best price. However, I think the Caterer has that covered.

As said by others Dylan, wear lighter clothes, shorts, T's, Cotton stuff, something that breaths. Perhaps a light jacket for evening.

Produce........ ?? Home brew..... If I come, I'll bring a few bottles of wine made from some of the local fruits here, like Blackberry, Peach, Strawberry and Scuppernong wines along with a little bit of the local 199 proof good stuff from Jr Johnson's 2006 brew.

Bugs?? Drink some of the above........ They won't bother you......

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:

Or you wouldn't care anyway.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

woodbutcher wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

Or you wouldn't care anyway.
EXACTLY!!!

However........

I have always wanted to get drunk and have a mosquito bite into me........

Would he fly straight after??

Dylan, you may have to be the Guinna pig so we can test this theory........

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

All I can say is that there will be some surprises for NASSIR 5! I honestly can't tell you if there is going to be shine at the auction but I do know of some very popular little bottles that will be there! :thumbsup:

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Junior is too junior to be trying any of that stuff any way.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Yea...... I agree......

Green Leafy vegetables...... ;)

:thumbsdown:

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
If I come, I'll bring a few bottles of wine made from some of the local fruits here, like Blackberry, Peach, Strawberry and Scuppernong wines along with a little bit of the local 199 proof good stuff from Jr Johnson's 2006 brew.
[align=center]:thumbsup:
[/align]

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

Members with reservations at the Motel 62:

Here is the list that I received from the Motel today.

Please check this list and if you have made a reservation prior to today and you name is NOT on this list. Call the motel immediately! 877-327-1080

This is the current reservation list they have:

Jimmy Robertson

John Craig

Dennis Margesom

Michell Norm

Miles Watts

John Greenhill

John Laramore

Bruce Murray

Mike Kramer

Dennis Ruda

Robert Smith