Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has not been a good weekend. Last couple times i have rode when done noticed little bit of brake fluid on floor under left foot peg. pressure control valve little wet between valve and the bracket its not the 3 brake lines as they are dry and checked they are tight. rear resoviour little low but not much. My question is there a oring or seal that could be leaking and be replaced. havent been able to find any information on this. oh its on my 1983 gl1100 goldwing trike.

·
Administrator
26,578 Posts
imported post

As far as I know no one has came up with a fix for those valves. The best bet may be to block that line and change the front lines to operate both front calipers with the front master cylinder. Lopeha can fix you up with the lines.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

for your trike i would suggest that you find the brake system off a 82 1100. foot peadle--rear brake , handle bar--front brake.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

I did have some luck repairing one of those valves a few ago and posted on this forum at that time. I dont exactly know how to refer to an old topic like that ( perhaps someone can enlighten me) In any case it was back in May 09 and was titled 83 gl1100- rear brake pressure control valve. The bike was sold in July this year and the repair was still holding

·
Administrator
26,578 Posts
imported post

GLGREZMONKI wrote:
I did have some luck repairing one of those valves a few ago and posted on this forum at that time. I dont exactly know how to refer to an old topic like that ( perhaps someone can enlighten me) In any case it was back in May 09 and was titled 83 gl1100- rear brake pressure control valve. The bike was sold in July this year and the repair was still holding
I did a search for that and had no luck but you have to get pretty close to the exact wording to find anything here.
Found it using your wording;http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/vie...1&highlight=rear+brake+pressure+control+valve

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

GLGREZMONKI wrote:
This thread?

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/70073.html

Tim.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I have not taken the PCV off the bike yet. Found one on EBAY for 20 bucks. Will put this one on this winter and try to see where the valve is leaking. Hopefully the one I am getting from EBAY wont leak. Will be a winter project when Im bored.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.