Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to remind everyone to be careful with all the leaves in the road. I know in some areas they aren't that thick yet. But around here they are and they can be very slippery. Was out on the Wing today and it got squirrely a couple times.

Enjoy the rides while you can but be careful.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Good point Broke Winger. Around here its the corn and beans that get spilled on the roads.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
10-4 on that Collin, it is really slippery here when I back out of my shop. The catalpa leaves are starting to fall and the other trees are at the edge of doing that.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Slick as goose $hxx on green grass !

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Slicker n snake snot.

·
Administrator
27,889 Posts
The pine needles get pretty thick on the roads around here in spots sometimes, pretty hazardous too. The last big ride I went on there were places on 1 twisty road where they had mowed the edges and threw grass and gravel out on the road, just on right hand curves. I slipped 3 different times on it, made me pucker a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
The pine needles get pretty thick on the roads around here in spots sometimes, pretty hazardous too. The last big ride I went on there were places on 1 twisty road where they had mowed the edges and threw grass and gravel out on the road, just on right hand curves. I slipped 3 different times on it, made me pucker a bit.
+1 on the pine needles for this area of Spain.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Wet leaves on a wet manhole cover are a recipe for disaster.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Wow, you guys up North got leaves falling already? I saw on the news this morning where snow was falling in MN. :eek:

That is why I love living in the South, ride year around if want to.:grin:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Pine needles to me are the worse, I've busted my fanny on them more than I care to talk about. This one group always wanted to have their "rides" start and end at Lake Houston Park, but the pine needles would cover the park roads. I went to turn into that park and wouldn't you know it, my Suzuki needed a nappie, mom and me escaped without anything but bruises to our pride.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
We've still got some of our small towns that have retained brick streets for the normal "touristy' reasons.
Try wet leaves on un-even brick streets for a pulse rate increase !
Guess it proves you can never get complacent about riding.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Jeez.....you dudes have got me scared! Was gonna take my ugly fellow, the KLR, down to have coffee at the liar's club (VFW), but now I don't know.....may just stay home and pull the covers over my head!

Ahahahhahahahah! (Actually, wet leaves are a real, true danger....dumped my Honda Scrambler because of them more years ago than I'll admit. Didn't get hurt, but the chica on the back was po'd......she got up, stomped off, and I never saw her again! Probably a fat grandma now someplace anyhow.....lol....)

·
Not Quite Right
2,525 Posts
I deal with wet roads/oil, sand and gravel, leaves and frost (sometimes), pretty much all the time.

Wet leaves are very nearly the worst, because depending on how you hit them, they either stick, then slip a bit, or just shoot your tires right out. Everything else I can plan for, but those things get my pulse racing.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, you guys up North got leaves falling already? I saw on the news this morning where snow was falling in MN. :eek:

That is why I love living in the South, ride year around if want to.:grin:

I hate you. Just a little bit.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
leaves are very dangerous. I have slid on wet leaves before, but have never gone down because of them. A bigger concern for me is we are near (or may be in) deer rutting season with deer hunting season not far behind. horny deer and wooded areas are not a good combination when riding a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
im in vegas, what are leaves and snow? i worry about sand on roads year round.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Salt you just gotta watch out for them old ladies throwing poker chips at ya....Them suckers are slick let me tell you...:grin::grin::grin:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
leaves are very dangerous. I have slid on wet leaves before, but have never gone down because of them. A bigger concern for me is we are near (or may be in) deer rutting season with deer hunting season not far behind. horny deer and wooded areas are not a good combination when riding a motorcycle.
I am more worried about the ID10Ts with those deer slugs than the deer themselves. :(

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I just had to click on this thread after reading the title as I was sure it was gonna be about my wife.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.