Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yup, pretty good, since I'm on my fifth gallon of Delo 400 15/40! But I own two bikes, you see.....still, pretty good summer!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

How long have you been using Delo ? and is that the synthetic

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
How long have you been using Delo ? and is that the synthetic
Nope, not a synthetic, and AZGL1500 and Dusty Boots turned me on to this stuff, and when they talk I listen..... it's cheap and good (used to be cheaper!). I have to change the oil in the KLR every 1500 to 2000, every 3000 in the ST, and so I needed cheap and good.....using it for a couple of years now....

:):):):):)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Nope, not a synthetic, and AZGL1500 and Dusty Boots turned me on to this stuff, and when they talk I listen..... it's cheap and good (used to be cheaper!). I have to change the oil in the KLR every 1500 to 2000, every 3000 in the ST, and so I needed cheap and good.....using it for a couple of years now....

:):):):):)
I like cheap but I like to go 6000 to 7500 on oil changes. this wing does not use any oil even at 8000mi. the oil is only a little dirty. I use Lucas synthetic 20w50 but it cost me $50.00 just for oil and filter. I use Wix oil filters. I believe they make the OEM. but if I can find something better and cheaper I would be all over it

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

jnel57,

I'm confused... you are claiming that your wing doesn't use any oil at 8000 miles? At the rate you claim, that only makes you on your second oil change. If my wing were using ANY oil at that mileage, I would be back at the dealer raising a warranty issue.

Like CJ, I like Delo... I learned this from Rudy! I like to change it with a SuperTech filter it at about 4000 miles. That's roughly twice a year in each bike. Sometimes I change it early if I know I am going to be riding the s**t outta my bike on a long tour. I do this because I do not want to come due while I am "en cavalcade" Not because I think it really needs it.

It costs me about $12.00 in American dollars.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
jnel57,

I'm confused... you are claiming that your wing doesn't use any oil at 8000 miles? At the rate you claim, that only makes you on your second oil change. If my wing were using ANY oil at that mileage, I would be back at the dealer raising a warranty issue.

It costs me about $12.00 in American dollars.
I am saying that the longest i have gone between oil changes is 8000miles and it did not use a drop. I like to change oil at 6000mi. most of my miles are long haul miles. 4400 miles in 2 weeks

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

jnel57 wrote:
I am saying that the longest i have gone between oil changes is 8000miles and it did not use a drop. I like to change oil at 6000mi. most of my miles are long haul miles. 4400 miles in 2 weeks
Gotcha... knew I was missing something.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I agree CJ, a good summer. Didn't get in as much riding as I wanted, but what I got in was pretty fine. Still waiting for another ride or two before the weather turns. Highlight of the summer was NASSIR4.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

God willin' and the creek don't rise, I'd like to make Nassir 5 next year in Eureka Springs... that's close enough that I just might be able to squeeze that in. (It's not the mileage... it's allotting the time that's a challenge.)

Lemme see? The wing? The Valk? The wing? Or the Valk? Decisions, decisions!

Arkansas in 2012...

Woohoo!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Finally! I will get to meet you then at NASSIR5 :claps:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Finally! I will get to meet you then at NASSIR5
I will do my best to be there... but life is short and there are many, many roads I have not seen... calling... calling to me.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Easy solution US385South, get a Kennon single bike trailer & pull one bike with the other. That way you don't disappoint either one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.