Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what price you have to pay to have all of the brake pads replaced on a GL1500.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
You going to do it yourself or take it to a shop?
Brakes are pretty simple to replace. Do it yourself and $38 a set for OEM pads so $114 for pads and couple dollars for shipping.
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1500_oem_honda_brake_pads/158744/110377

If you take it to a shop it could cost anything! Honda charges allot more for the same pads, and then labor of course. Expensive.
Any good small shop should be able to do them also but price can vary a ton.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It's a simple job to replace all the pads, and we can walk you through it.

It will take you about 4hrs the first time.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
It (a shop price) will vary greatly according to quality also. The slider pins for the two caliper halves need to be cleaned and greased, etc.
Doing it yourself saves a shop rate hovering at or over $80 an hour and is fairly straight forward.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
More expensive is not always better though.
In some areas you might find a really good small shop for about $25 an hour that does great work.

I have been to several small shops for many things that do great work cheap compared to others around which cost far more and do crappy work.

Best thing sometimes is find others in your area with similar stuff and ask where they get their work done when needed and if it was good work. Or do it yourself if you can which is almost always best.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone I am just going to do it myself. Will just take some time.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
Lots of resource available here if you need or desire it.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I think I pad $40.00 for my pads from the local Honda Dealer here in Salt Lake. If you have replaced brake pads on a car you won't have a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.