Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, for those of you who have been following my Gl1500 resurrection project, a fun lillte side about that "ugly bag" that came with the my 95 GL1500 SE.

Let's make this very clear to anyone with an ounce of sanity: FIBER-GLASSING A SUBWOOFER INTO A PERFECTLY GOOD SADDLEBAG IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AND DOES'NT ENHANCE YOUR RIDE!:hoppingmad:

Pic #1

Since the bag is trashed anyways, I went ahead and stripped off as many little bits as I could (really, got a nice handful of nuts, parts, and extra latch mechanism, rubber,etc. (see pic #2 at end). Plus a right rear bottom bag light spare....

But here's the killer: all this ungliness was to basically house a huge Panasonic subwoofer. Sucker must have weighed at least 25 lbs.

As documented earlier, the complete inside of the bag was coated with fiberglass hair and dripped resin; here's the bottom of the bag completely hacked up and trashed.

So the next time someone tries to convince you that something like this would be "totally awesome dude", show 'em these pics and send them packing!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
Just had a quick look at the pics on here and your other thread . I have to say I would have run a mile from that bike .I think the red details would have suited a black bike better , was the PO a little color-blind ? It'll be great to see it finished but a lotta work , best of luck with it.

MW

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Don't be a Hater man! ...You obviously need introduction to the term "Ghetto-Fabulous", in order to recognize the gem you have!

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Color is the spice of life.... but so are differences. WHat I love most is people with a variety of ideas and feelings who can believe in their own but never tread on someone's else's way...... Hippy ideals, 70's sensibility ( is that an oxymoron?)

Actually I may end up painting the bottom heat shields black, only because they will constantly get dirty anyways......

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Remember, "if you can hear the music playing more than 10' away from the vehicle it is a violation of the vehicle noise laws!"

yea right, try telling that to you kids today with their four wheeled boom boxes.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I have seen some of the most atrocious things imaginable doe to both cars and bikes. While they certainly don't enhance the value IMO, somebody somewhere probably thinks so.

Even though it is stock, I consider my bike to be a "ghetto cruiser" just because of how ugly it is. Part of it's character and personality to me. Believe it or not, I have never really had an attraction to shiny new things, especially vehicles. But that speaker thing is a bit much even for me. I did drive a car once that had five different colors of body panels. Built with salvage yard parts. Loved that thing. Never even considered painting it.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I myself an audio maniac but I have soooo mutch respect for the GL's I would never ever salvage a bike like that ... shame on PO ....:lash:

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Don't be a Hater man! ...You obviously need introduction to the term "Ghetto-Fabulous", in order to recognize the gem you have!

Remind me not to have you work on MY bike!:wtf:

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Much different... a pro job with proper installation...

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Awesome, totally dude. It's only a saddlebag, plenty of extra ones from trike takeoffs. I like the red with black paint and red pinstriping.

Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.