Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
imported post

Anim8or Earl wrote:
This is a great thread FM, thanks for all the work you put into maintaining it.
THANKS!

I hope someday someone will write back WHEN they used this list to get out of a tight spot, THEN I'll know this was worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
imported post

pokey55 wrote:
looking for a cb that will hookup to an 08 gl1800
Got to go into SALES / WANTED and ask.
No help here, just the parts listing.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

Just started looking for a front fender, (front half), this afternoon... Will try to call around some tomorrow when things open, Thanks for the list!

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Just started looking for a front fender, (front half), this afternoon... Will try to call around some tomorrow when things open, Thanks for the list!
Sure saves "working your mouse finger to the bone" with this list already at your fingertip.

Report back how well this worked.. .. .. or not.

Be sure to mention GoldWingFacts and that it has 44,000+ members and still growing.
Maybe if word gets around to these salvage yards how dedicated we are we might get some sort of discount.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

FM wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus wrote:
Sure saves "working your mouse finger to the bone" with this list already at your fingertip.

Report back how well this worked.. .. .. or not.

Be sure to mention GoldWingFacts and that it has 40,000+ members.
Maybe if word gets around to these salvage yards how dedicated we are we might get some sort of discount.

:thumbsup:
I'm hoping that someone in this forum will post backa good source for for the fender I'm needingsoon... Calling around can take up a lot of time before you find what you're looking for. I'll post back either way! Thank you... ;-))

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

FM wrote:
Wingmaster Shamus
I set this post up just for reference when your on the road and broke-down.

You need to post your criteria in "For Sale/Wanted Forum".

Thanks though.
FM
No problem... I would think the list could be used anytime someone needs parts? I'm doing a repair job using JB Weld today, but I want to get another to put on later. Havn't found anything reasonable yet used, a new one costs $300 and up. Really don't want one that needs to be painted either, which is most likely going to be the case if I get it used... :-(

Already posted in the correct forum, Thanks! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
imported post

As OEM parts get older the specific color parts get really scarce. You'll more than likely will have to repaint. That's really not a bad thing, these days auto body shops can setup a rattle-can of the exact color you need. BUT that all depends how much patience one has in achieving a comparable finish to match.

OF COURSE you can use this list to find parts when not on the road.

:action: BoL on PARTS HUNTING

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Crescent Moon Cycles
(928) 759-0334 10AM - 6PM MST
Vintage Motorcycle Parts Sales & Service
[email protected]

They're in Arizona as I recall and GREAT to deal with, Frenchy and Susan go out of their way to help.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts