Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share a printer ink that I found on amazon. It’s called “JARBO’. I read the reviews and was skeptical. $13.00 for xl cartridges that normally run me $43.00? I thought there is no way.
BUT...to my surprise, this ink is great. Print photos and they are sharp and clean.

I have no ties what so ever to JARBO or any company that sells it. Just thought I would share my findings with the Forum.

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
I have tried reman ink cartridges to try to save money, didn't work out.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I print so little that I found inkjets to be a real pain as with maintenance prints and cleaning cycles which used a lot of ink I'd get maybe 25 pages that I wanted per set of tanks.

I just lately bought new toner "four cartridges for $30" for the cheap colour laser printer I bought ten years ago.

It's not photo quality but has probably printed close to a thousand pages without a hiccup.

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
I print so little that I found inkjets to be a real pain as with maintenance prints and cleaning cycles which used a lot of ink I'd get maybe 25 pages that I wanted per set of tanks.

I just lately bought new toner "four cartridges for $30" for the cheap colour laser printer I bought ten years ago.

It's not photo quality but has probably printed close to a thousand pages without a hiccup.
I have the same problem, I rarely print anything so when I do the ink probably has dried up. I probably got less than 20 pages from the last new cartridge I bought.

·
Administrator
22,188 Posts
I found HP to be pretty low quality prints anyway, so cheap cartridges probably would be okay. The Canon I'm using now was pretty cheap but does okay as long as you don't expect pro quality photo prints.

Epson Stylus Photos are the only printers that get real high end pictures. They have real print heads compared to the in-cartridge heads the other brands use. The down side to that is, when the heads clog the printer is shot. With the others, you change the ink and you're back in business.

·
Magic Moderator
4,478 Posts
I'd be afraid to buy remanufactured ink for the Epson printer I have. I did find a website for the inkfarm.com and while the prices were good, I don't want problems with the printer and it isn't even the top of the line. Its the XP446 Expression Home a low end all in one unit.

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
I have the Epson ET-2550, the OEM ink is only $13 to $18 depending on color.
that is enough for more than a year of printing, in fact, we have been using it for 2 years and pushing a lot of paper thru it.

we just now bought a new Black cartridge, the others are about 50%
the Cleaning cycle is a problem, we have made it a habit of always printing out full size color images at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I have a Samsung SCX-34??. It's not color. My toner cartridges last over a year. I print maybe 20 pages a month. I use it for scanning about as much as I do printing. If I need color printing, I put it on a jump drive and take it to town. That's usually cheaper than trying to keep a color printer working good.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I have an Epson XP-830 and use ink bought on Ebay with no problems. The seller is E-Z INK. A few weeks ago, I got an URGENT update notice from Epson. As usual, I checked online to see if anyone had a problem with the update. Good thing, because numerous posters said said the "update" killed the ability to use generic ink. Before the update, the printer would just say the cartridge wasn't factory and ask if I wanted to continue anyway. After the update, apparently the printer will no longer work when it notices the cartridge is no "factory". I have since disabled the ability of Epson software on the computer to contact Epson, and vice versa.
I truly believe that such practices should be illegal.
Would you buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota if the only place you could buy fuel was from a dealer?

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
I have an Epson XP-830 and use ink bought on Ebay with no problems. The seller is E-Z INK. A few weeks ago, I got an URGENT update notice from Epson. As usual, I checked online to see if anyone had a problem with the update. Good thing, because numerous posters said said the "update" killed the ability to use generic ink. Before the update, the printer would just say the cartridge wasn't factory and ask if I wanted to continue anyway. After the update, apparently the printer will no longer work when it notices the cartridge is no "factory". I have since disabled the ability of Epson software on the computer to contact Epson, and vice versa.
Would you buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota if the only place you could buy fuel was from a dealer?
Holy Cow!!!

I have been avoiding taking Epson printer upgrades on the theory it works just fine now, why mess with it?

I have tried to lock it out from upgrading, but it always gets around that somehow.

·
Administrator
25,356 Posts
Never had an update on anything actually improve anything, usually causes some problem.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
442 Posts
Also, some of the HP printers will not accept reman cartridges. Seems the oem Cartridge has a code built in. I had an Officejet Pro 8500 that gave me an error that it was NOT a genuine HP cartridge and I couldn't clear the error.
Inkjet printers are cheap, but they get you with the ink!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Every time I've tried the cheap ones it seem like they're only about 1/4 full. The ink for my Brother printer is fairly reasonable so I stick with it.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you ever figured how many ounces are in each cartridge and what the cost is per ounce? Sell 55 gallons of ink for a year and retire

1 - 20 of 23 Posts