Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is not my bike nor do I know the seller, but I just wanted to share it with you all because it's pretty cool.

John

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/3171162284.html

1976 Honda GoldWing GL1000 554 miles - $15,000

This is possibly the nicest 1st generation GL1000 in existence. This machine spent the majority of its life in Montana. The original owner passed away decades ago and the bike sat nearly forgotten about in a garage for many years. Finally, around 2008, his daughter decided to do something with it. A local Seattle vintage bike nut caught wind of this 'wing and bought it sight unseen.

He shipped to the Pac NW and had Walter at Seattle Cycle Service go though it completely to make it good to go. The new owner had a bit of an ocd complex and ended up replacing any imperfect part that he could see with nos Honda pieces. The result is, quite literally, a bike that presents like a new 1976 Gold Wing. He intended to keep it forever, however, I had an equally nice Kawasaki Z1-R/TC that he had to have. This 'GL was traded towards the 'kawi.

Includes one factory key and the toolkit.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Ya, but does it have reverse? LOL

Wow that is one sharp clean bike!
I would not want something like that, that belongs in a museum, not on the road!

I'd be scared to even park it in my living room!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Chromo wrote:
Ya, but does it have reverse? LOL

Wow that is one sharp clean bike!
I would not want something like that, that belongs in a museum, not on the road!

I'd be scared to even park it in my living room!
Yeah, museum piece for sure, which is sad in some ways, but also nice to preserve one in almost new condition.

John

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

What impresses me is that it still has its tool bag! :ROFL:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Beautiful, I have a real soft spot for naked 'Wings. But I really wouldn't be willing to pay that much for one, you can get a real nice 1800 for that kind of money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.