Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Hasn't been done on a 1200 as much as the 1000 and 1100 motors. But good to see someone's been trying at least.

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

Running at idle and dry reving is one thing….. I'd be interested in how it runs under power. Maybe a video of the bike out on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

OK, that was a first for me. I'm curious if anyone knows what type of carb. was used, it's obviously not a standard wing carb.

Also, what is the advantage of going through all that trouble to go to one carb?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
OK, that was a first for me. I'm curious if anyone knows what type of carb. was used, it's obviously not a standard wing carb.

Also, what is the advantage of going through all that trouble to go to one carb?
No, it's not a Wing carb, it's not even a motorcycle carb. It's a carb from a 4 wheel car.

Advantages and disadvantages. For me, the advantages far, far out weigh the other.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/76428.html

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
...what type of carb. was used, ...

...it's a Solex 34-3 variant.

Reminds me of this one by the same guy:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

CaptainMidnight85 wrote:
Richardrwg wrote:
...what type of carb. was used, ...

...it's a Solex 34-3 variant.

Reminds me of this one by the same guy:
...and this one from another guy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

For those who like economy GREAT... no so for those who like power or pulling trailers, it starve.

As for the 1200 in the video, I see some room for a second smallercarb out the rear.
That could be attached to the same plenum via a ''T'' with delayed linkage.

Being it in-line in the same plenum there'd be no need for carb balancing. A PLUS!

Then again, that second carb COULD be connected to a seperate tank of much higher octane fuel.

mmm MMM mmmmmmm. Let's run!:badgrin:

:action:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Quick thinking about this,..
Wouldn't this manifold offer some Ram-Air at speed?

Also this stylePlenum could be easily changed larger/smaller, 1 carb/2 carbs Etc..

JUST a thought. :gunhead:

( Pix istwo differentpiping styles )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I had a Volkswagon 1500 carb like the one above on my '83 GL1100 and it ran great! Good gas milage and ran as good as any 4 carb GL1100.

Dubs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.