Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The shaft coming out of motor seems long and just extends into the tube

How can I line up the shaft this way anyone seen this??

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

it would seem you have pulled the shaft out of the final drive in the gear box, try gently rotating the shaft till it lines up with internal splines and goes back into the gearbox.....

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I will try that .... but it was this way when I took it apart.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The shaft is firmly seated. the boot when pulled back shows the round part of the shaft the " box" square on the end of tube houses both yokes with the U joint

My issue is how to raise the yoke to reinsert the splines from the driveshaft

I held the final up to the outside to check the measurement and it is in the right place

you just can see it or feel it because it is in the tube

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

you should be able to hook the uni with a piece of wire and slid forward, there is enough movement from the shaft inside the final drive to allow this.......

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The yoke coming off the motor makes it hard to see past it to actually see the joint and then beyond that the other yoke that I am trying to line up.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

sorry fasman other that perseverance i have no other suggestions, as far as i know all uni joints should be positioned under the rubber boot....:baffled:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

thats what I thought but like i said I checked the shaft length and it is right nothing under the boot except for the round shaft.... then into the tube where the engine yoke starts... crazy

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Just a suggestion, if you have the ability to post some pics of the problem it might bring some help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.