Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Today I had this weird problem due an excesive entusiast gas station employee who setted air pressure on both Dunlop E3 tires a few days ago on my 2006 GL1800, today I was riding along my wife from Guadalajara to Los Azufres, Michoacan State, ( not the hot part surely, it's a big state) when I started to feel weird handling, stopped at the curb of the HWY, noticed the front was low, checked for nails, screws, none!, used the air compressor, went to ride again, after 10 km or so, same weird handling, used the small compressor again, checked for the next town with a tire shop, wife noticed the valve rubber seat was the leaking source, :needahug: so the guy must had pushed the angled metal part of the valve too hard; we turned back, but the vibration increased the leak, so no air after a few hundred meters, called a friend, he drove 40 miles to pick us using his truck and a trailer, he runs a very nice motorcycle gear and shop in Guadalajara, arrived there, front wheel off, a new Wünderlich valve on, checked the almost new ( 2000 mi barely) tire, it was ruined inside, a nasty groove of around 7"; and a lot of rubber dust, so a new one was mandatory: just a couple of choices : ME880 and Avon Storm, I went for the Metzeler due the info on this great site. Task finished at 19:15hs, thanked everybody, shop was already closing, currently at my Mother's, tomorrow the second attempt to ride Los Azufres.
No major issues luckily, the worst inconvenient was to wait almost 4 hours at the HWY curb watching the traffic and getting waved from truck drivers.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Indeed, I was very lucky, I called a guy who has a pick up service but he was out of the city, so Marco, the manager for this shop, went for us in his own crew cab Dodge Ram, and a trailer, best part, he didn't charge for the pick up, only the toll fees and a few pesos for the fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.