Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys, i got on my bike today...on a particularly hot day in california, and when i went to start her up i noticed that the throttle was sticking. I believe this was caused by the fact that the glue decided to deteriorate last night and now the whole starter button and throttle assembly is sliding. Should i just re-glue this and hwo can i go about this? What type of glue would i used? Thanks.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

I prefer ladies hair spray... because , if you have to... you can get it off... I would take off throttle side foam, and clean it up.. and check if you can  clean up the twin push pull sliders to move freely... (oil the cables perhaps..??). ...... but.......before you get too deep into this.. You can , accidently  make the throttle jam , just a bit.. by moving the two L shaped cable turners (right below the handlebar)  ..............you might wiggle these  a bit to see if that frees up the throttle..  I am unclear  about what your starter  problem is ...... SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

The throttle assembly should be held in place with a clamp and screws, if the whole throttle assembly is moving around, find and tighten the screws.

Only the grip should have some type of adhesive to adhere to the throttle tube, quite a small amount, and yes, I prefer to use hair spray as well.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If the whole assembly is slipping, try loosening it up and slip a shim, try a piece of wet or dry sandpaper under the ends where the plastic goes over the bar, not the sides. Snug it back up and it won't move anymore. I did the same thing to my 1500 when I noticed the radio switch box on the left bar would shift a bit even though the screws were tight.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I used a thing strip of rubber on mine and it's lasted several years like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.