Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I need some help....... I went to replace the heel toe shifter with standard foot pegs and I have a problem with the right side peg. When I go to install it the peg hits the brake actuator, i mean it's not even close 1/4 inch off. As of right now I can't tell you what brand this h/t shifter is.

I have a question, in looking around and just sitting here scratching my head, is it possible that the h/t kit had changed out the stock brake lever? In looking at h/t kits none tha I see say anything about replacing the stock brake pedal. Somewhere in my searching it eluded to the fact that that was a possibility but can't find the info again.

:?:?:?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

If you remove the brake pedal & rotate it 1 notch on the shaft it might help.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not sure of your situation, all I can tell you is I like floorboards and every bike I have ever put them on required a different rear brake lever, and or modification to fit the floorboard and extend up to a decent control point.

I am betting the stock lever has been replaced.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

I've done Markland and MC enterprises heel/toe floorboards on 1500 wings, and both had their own brake pedals, not stock.

Kuryakin(the floorboard kurysshaped like atriangle for a 1500) was the only one that I know of that used the stock pedal. There might be others, but they're the only one that I'm aware of.

So yeah, chances are that what you have is not stock.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

93Wing,
I changed my brake pedal too. For a try 96aspencade had
a good suggestion. Ebay has had quite afew of the pedals
in the past. That is where I got mine.
The main reason for me getting rid of the footboards was
the brake pedal arrangement.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I looked at several options, but none were going to work.....

If i rotated the lever it would not be very comfortable to use the brake. The lever is pretty wide, almost an inch.. I looked at it last night and the brake pedal had the same cut as the heel rest so I figured that it was part of the h/t kit. Finally found out that it was a Markland kit, as I understand this is a pretty good kit. I have no complaints as to functionality, it just hangs a long ways out there for me. If I don't like the stock I already have the kit........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.