Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went for our first real ride today on our 1984 gl1200. We did about 250 miles round trip. We had a few issues see other post about power lose.
As for the new progressive 412hd shocks. They raised the bike about 1.5" unloaded and it sits a good 2" higher loaded.
The ride is a little firmer and you get a little more imput from the road. The handling in the turns is 1000% better not once did the bike scrape today. It is a lot more stable in all conditions including when you come to a stop and easier to get on the center stand. My wife and I are bigger people and these shocks are a most for any one that is built like us. It rides like a totaly different bike. We rode over a smaller mount pass with nice curvs and the bike did awesome.
The more I ride this bike more I love it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the bike out solo today. The ride is more firm but to me it's great trade for the stablility in the turns. They fit perfectly without any mods at all.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
What is the difference between the 412s and the 416s? I got the same results with the 416s. Bike sits up so high now I need a longer sidestand.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the difference between the 412s and the 416s? I got the same results with the 416s. Bike sits up so high now I need a longer sidestand.
The 412 is a gas charged coil over shock, the 416 is an air adjustable shock. Progressive rep said the 412's hold more weight and will handle better in the twisties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.