Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know of a website that features Progressive 416 shock seal kits? I know I saw one once but can't find it anymore. Probably have to wait until Monday and call Progressive.

I pulled the saddlebags off my bike to replace the rear brake pads and found both shocks have been leaking oil. Oh well, the weather will be rainy for several days so I won't lose much riding time.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Unfortunately they don't have the seal kits on their site. I guess I'll just have to call them Monday. Damn, I sure hate to have to wait to order them. I want them RIGHT NOW!!!

:whip::whip::whip::15red::whip::whip::whip:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Sorry exavid, did not know that Progressive re-did their website. I know they use to list the seal kit. I saw it when I was researching the shocks before I bought a pair. I don't know if you have it already, but I do have instructions for the seal replacement if you need it. Let me know.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

L8ndeb wrote:
Sorry exavid, did not know that Progressive re-did their website. I know they use to list the seal kit. I saw it when I was researching the shocks before I bought a pair. I don't know if you have it already, but I do have instructions for the seal replacement if you need it. Let me know.
I'd greatly appreciate it. Can you scan and email? I'm not sure what happened to them, the boots on both of them were popped off and hanging down a bit. On the right side I think the plastic cover that wraps around the inside of the shock was too close, I may have to heat and reshape that a bit. I don't know why the left boot came off. Likewise I can't figure out what caused them to leak. They still hold air pressure.

:whip::15red::whip:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I have got 416 shocks fitted to my GL1100. When the seals failed I foundthat they were identical to the ones in the standard Honda shocks.. The 11,12 & 15 all have the same size seal at 36x66x10.5, Honda part No 91257

Hope this helps. Graham

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

grahamh wrote:
I have got 416 shocks fitted to my GL1100. When the seals failed I foundthat they were identical to the ones in the standard Honda shocks.. The 11,12 & 15 all have the same size seal at 36x66x10.5, Honda part No 91257

Hope this helps. Graham
Yes it did, I ordered some today, should have them by thursday. BTW which spring setup do you have in the 416? Mine are 416-1633 which is the stiffest springs, I think I might eventually see if I can get the -1623 springs for them as these are kinda hard.

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

I did not know you could get different springs. When i bought mine I just contacted the importer in Britain and asked for a set to fit a GL1100. My only option was take it or leave it. Sorry I can't tell you anymore

Graham

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Paul, the 1623 is a lot softer, you might not like it. I know a fe wpeople who tinkered with them and didn't like the soft feel at all. I didn't think you could even still have that option now. Stick with the 1633 as in a few thousand miles they will have softened up a bit anyway.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
Paul, the 1623 is a lot softer, you might not like it. I know a fe wpeople who tinkered with them and didn't like the soft feel at all. I didn't think you could even still have that option now. Stick with the 1633 as in a few thousand miles they will have softened up a bit anyway.
Well I have two options now. I needed a new rear brake rotor too and I found a nice fellow in Texas on another forum who had one left over from triking and he threw in two original low mileage 1500 shocks. So I thought I'd try the Honda pair and see if I like them, if now I have the seals for the 416s and will have them ready to go back in if I want to go that way.

Man you just gotta love the internet! Where else could you find all this good stuff!:clapper::15red::clapper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.