Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking to replace my shocks this spring. Want to know if the 416's will work on mine. Reason I'm looking for advice is it's a '91 Interstate. I see info on all kinds of items for the GL1500's and will fit '88 - '99. But as soon as I say mines an Interstate it's oh that won't fit that. What's the official word from the masters? Will they work?

Thanks, Cal

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

While the 416s will fit your Interstate, you have no way of adjusting them as the Interstes have no onboard air compressor. :?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
While the 416s will fit your Interstate, you have no way of adjusting them as the Interstes have no onboard air compressor.
> He could do it Manually, if his setup includes a Tee-fitting and schraeder valve (on a 2ft hose) going to the right side trunk, as found on the SE's. Manually meaning, use a bicycle pump and gage to reach >60psi.

Could get the Tee-fitting and hose from a junk yard, from any year SE.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the replys. I do have an air line in my right saddle bag that I use now for the stock shock. So now I know I can order with confidence the 416s and get my ride smooth again. Thanks.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The Tee and extra 'hose' to the other shock is included with the 416s, when you buy them from Cyclemax, although he'll have to reuse/adapt the hose from the right shock to inside the right saddlebag. Very inconvenient way of adjusting the pressure (compared to Aspencade/SE models), but nothing worse than his set up arrangement he has now. :?

]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.