Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Aspencade. Will Progressive Fork Springs add to the ride height, if so by how much?

Ivan

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
1. They will be stiffer
2. How much they "raise" the bike depends on how "worn out"/sag you have w/your current fork springs.
A rule of thumb is around 1 1/2"s.
FYI, many have tried "stiffer" springs and have returned to the OEM's.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
My old springs were worn out when I had new Progressive springs put in my '93 1500. I can't really tell any difference in height, but there is a huge difference in the ride!

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
CBH,

You say a huge difference in the ride, how so?

I would love to find a way to soften up the first few inches of my front end, if jars pretty hard on shose small sharp bumps that our highway department seems to think are mandatory around here. I have progressive shocks on the rear of the Trike and they work well if they are kept with enough air so they are near the top of thier range most of the time.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Before I had the forks rebuilt, I was really feeling those bumps and holes in the road when the front tire would hit them! The Progressive springs have really taken away that jarring, thumping feeling.

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
Well, I guess it's time to order a pair and see how they work. Not really all that expensive and if they work well they will be worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.