Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys my 1500 has this system fitted but what pressure should i be running it at i dont have any paperwork for it so dont have any idea, on the comp. guage it shows about 50 when you press the check button

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

it sounds like a previous owner has swapped the standard shock for an air one never seen a 1500 with twin air shocks.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes the kit is available for them this bike came from cal imported in 2003 its a nice ride just dont know for sure if the pressure thats in is high or low feels ok on the road

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

My 89 had Progressive 416's. They are dual air shocks, one each side. It replaces the stock suspension. I used to run mine at 30 psi - 2 up and 45 psi - 2up with a trailer. I also had progressive springs in the forks and a superbrace. It was a hudge difference in handling and suspension, but the stock suspension was worn out.

Progressive 416

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Note that Progressive states that 100psi will shorten the shock life. I use around 20psi on the rear shocks (Progressive 416) when solo and 55psi when two up. I carry 0psi in the forks which have progressive springs, both solo and two up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.