Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello:waving: Bought progressive air rear shocks 416 Off of ebay . but when I tried to install . the bushing Eyelets seem to be wrong. they fit fine if the boot is up and the chrome part is down so the air line is on the bottom. bolts work great. but when you turn them so the chrome is up boot on the bottom . how I think it should be. the schock bolts will not fit, Should I remove the bushing and switch them:?from one end to the other . Have not seen any installed on a 88 goldwing gl1500 before .

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

I have 416's on my '93, and removed, cleaned and re-fitted them recently, no problems there. Assuming there is no difference between the mounts of the '88 and '93, perhaps then the mounting boots or sleeve(s) are installed wrong?. Perhaps contact the seller to see if he actually had them installed on his bike, or take a look at the image of a new one on the progressive website and compare with yours?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hello goldwing gods :waving: after messing around with them , the top chrome with boot side down there was a bushing metal in the top that fit in side the lower metal bushing fit snug . When I took off the original shocks. There was no metal bushing in the top of ether of them . Progressive indicated that the top of the shock have ten thousands clearance side to side on the top bought some 5/8 ID washers perfect fit No metal bushing on top seems to work:cheesygrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.