Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A) will they fit an '83 Interstate or Aspencade

B) will they give the same/more benefit as rebuilding stock Honda shocks with Progressive springs.

Reason I ask is someone just listed a brand new pair on CL for $100. I'm considering them for my Aspencade or my brother-in-law's Interstate, as his OEM shocks won't hold air.

Thanks for your input,
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

choppas wrote:
$100 for brand new is very cheap. Grab them before someone else gets there.
I'm going to try to get them tomorrow but working long hours so we'll see.

I'm just wondering if they would have the same benefits as the Progressive spring replacements that people on the forum seem to love.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

the 416-1622A is the correct application for your '83 (13" rear air shocks) -

Sounds like a great price for "new" nd prolyy evenused if they're in good shape.

It would be really beneficial to see if thie seller has the complete installation kit (airline adaptors) -- if not, progressive's kit 30-5082 should be available for $15...

If they're not capped (at the air fitting) you may wanna re-assure that the oil-fill level has not been drained-out (lost) in storage prior to installing

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
imported post

That is a great Price you can't beat it. If you do some searches you can get some good deals from folks that mis categorize parts on E-bay I got my 416's brand new in the box for 80 bucks off e-bay. 22 bucks for the adapter kit and I was in business. Funny I was watching it on e-bay then forgot about it went back and there was no bids on it and the auction had closed. Then got the notice from e-bay that it had been relisted made my offer and it was accepted. It was under harley parts misc. I have seen other such deals on them since the most recent set sold for 125 from a Kawasaki dealer in Texas. 100 is a damn good deal and much easier to buy those and put them on then rebuilding the others.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Just an update to wrap up the thread. Since my b-i-l's shocks were leaking, I gave him first chance at the shocks and he picked them up yesterday. My guess is we'll wait til spring to install them but he's pretty happy to have gotten them so cheap. Thanks everyone for your input and advise.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.