Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Naked Goldwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a new to me 1982 GL1100 that the PO lowered. I want to raise it back up. It's got Progressive model 412-4022 on the rears now. I think that's for a Harley Sportster from what I can find on Google. They're a little over 10 and a half inches bolt to bolt center and they should be about 13, correct? Anyway, I can't just get a longer Progressive spring, right? The body is different for the Honda Goldwings.....412-4222, correct? At least that's what the Progressive website says. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
What does the shock measure when it's on the center stand?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,261 Posts
Tnx,
see you fixed your Signature, makes it easier for folks to suggest help when needed.

·
Premium Member
12,838 Posts
You are correct. The body and shaft would be different to make a longer shock. If you just changed the spring to longer it would coil bind as it collapsed .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all, I've got a new to me 1982 GL1100 that the PO lowered. I want to raise it back up. It's got Progressive model 412-4022 on the rears now. I think that's for a Harley Sportster from what I can find on Google. They're a little over 10 and a half inches bolt to bolt center and they should be about 13, correct? Anyway, I can't just get a longer Progressive spring, right? The body is different for the Honda Goldwings.....412-4222, correct? At least that's what the Progressive website says. Thanks!

View attachment 326425

View attachment 326424

View attachment 326425

View attachment 326424
Well shipping isn't cheap from Oregon to Florida, but if you need a set of "Stock Shocks" from a 1983 GL1100 and a Centerstand to replace what you are missing, I've got both - Free Gratis if you promise to use them. Though I'd strongly suggest that you replace the seals and oil. Of course these are "Air".

However, being in Florida, I suspect you can find these at a salvage yard for less than you would pay for me to ship them to you.

Good Luck. Alan

View attachment 326425

View attachment 326424

1 - 8 of 8 Posts