Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

Good to know the shocks were that well warrantied..itis my first project this fall..replacing them shcoks.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

So, how much stuff has to come off to get the rear tire off? I have a wrap around bumper and was wondering what I'm in for some day.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

You can remove the rear wheel without having to take all of the chrome off if you have a motorcycle lift such as the kind that Sears sells. I had my rear wheel off this spring and didn't have to remove anything but the aftermarket exhaust turndowns and saddlebags.

Hobie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

johnmac wrote:
So, how much stuff has to come off to get the rear tire off? I have a wrap around bumper and was wondering what I'm in for some day.
This is what I was refering to. However, I see where the original thread pertained to the shocks. Whoops:DAlthough when I put my 416's on, I didn't have to take the bumper off. I did have to take the top shock nuts off and then the chrome stuff would come off the stud just enough to get the shocks off then back on.

regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Guess what? Your both right!! I was asking about removing the back tire on a bike with a bumper/hitch. But I have rear shock removal on my list of things to do.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yes. I was speaking of the situation with the 83I. I do not have any experience with the 1200.When I approached the maintenance on the rear end of my bike, I was dismayed at all of the stuff thatI thought I'd have to remove. However, I found that loosening some of the attachment points on both sides would allow me to wiggle the parts out of the way after taking the nuts off of the primary attachment areas.

Actually, I don't see where the question was asked about what had to come off to replace the shocks.:baffled:I do see a question what pertained to what had to come off to remove the rear wheel.

Wait a minute, you started this thread. Are you playing with me?:shakehead:

Hobie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.