Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased front progressive springs and rear progressive airshocks for my 82 aspencade and I'm very happy with them. I don't even run any air in the front. The rear one's I run 10 psig when solo and 40 psig with two upno more bottoming out on bumps. :DThe price wasn't bad for the front but the rear air shocks were---- well lets say :shock:hard on the billfold. Norman

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

norman wrote:
I purchased front progressive springs and rear progressive airshocks for my 82 aspencade and I'm very happy with them. I don't even run any air in the front. The rear one's I run 10 psig when solo and 40 psig with two upno more bottoming out on bumps. :DThe price wasn't bad for the front but the rear air shocks were---- well lets say :shock:hard on the billfold. Norman
I've got the same thing on my 1500, really do make the bike ride better. I got a pair of Honda OEM shocks and tried them, but the Progressivesdefinitelyseem better to me. I was lucky in that it came with the Progressives. My rear 416s were leaking and the boots had turned hard on the lower ends due to the oil laying in them. I rebuilt them with seals from Progressive. Other than getting the snap ring out the rebuild is easy. I agree about the damage on the billfold, I felt real good repairing them after I found out how much new ones were! I've been using about the same pressures as you zero in front and a bit more on the rear dual, around 50psi. I don't know why but the Progressives pump up faster than the original Honda shock did even though there are now two of them instead of one air shock.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

The Progressives do make a huge difference. They give much more confidence on country roads and bends where the OEM setup usually makes the bike wallow badly. Glad it worked out for you Norman after spending all that cash! :)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Glad it worked out for you. I put progressives on my '82 and have been amazed at the difference in the ride. No air in the front, and none in the back as long as I am riding single.

Jack1982 GL1100I OE

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I hit a little sand on a curve today, just enough to let the rear slip out a bit, really glad I had the Progressives back on, I think it might have been a handful with the OEM shocks. The rear tire recovered quickly and there was no wallow or swerve just needed a touch on the handle bar to keep things going the right way. The road was rough so I had about 25psi in the rears which really stiffens things up.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

did progessive rebuilds on the rear of our '86 years ago as we had a sidecar. at the time it also had an eml leading link front end, eml car rims and 15" radial tires (great for sidecar driving). Unfortunately dumbkidtrick, daughter+boyfriend+midnight+tree=ruined front end+broken arm (thank god that was all)+daughter taking out loan to fix bike.

the bike now has the original front with progresives... I really miss the leading link performance though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.