Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scrap set of forks that I have taken apart. I am wondering if the springs are OEM or Progressive. Can someone take a look and tell me?

Thanks much
Brian

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
looks OEM to me cause its got the short spring on top for preload, with progressive u throw that away and its replaced with one full length progressive spring. and from what i remember on mine the windings are much more widely spaced.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks OEM to me cause its got the short spring on top for preload, with progressive u throw that away and its replaced with one full length progressive spring. and from what i remember on mine the windings are much more widely spaced.
OK thank JJ. I thought I might get lucky.

So now the question is how can I prop up my sagged out suspension on a budget of about $0. The obvious fix would be to replace with Progressive springs but that is not in the budget right now.

Has anyone every put spacers between the 2 springs to increase the preload and therefore stiffen things up? If so what to use for a spacer, how big a spacer?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
211 Posts
haven't done it myself but i've heard you can drop in some older vw valve springs to preload.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haven't done it myself but i've heard you can drop in some older vw valve springs to preload.
Are you thinking 1 VW valve sprint per fork leg? Maybe between the bottom (short) spring and the long spring. Maybe washers between springs?

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.