Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody know any good US insurance companies for m/c's. I was real happy with progressive until last night.

Sent them a semi-sane email last night to support and to the adjustor that I was so happy with asking what was going on.

Got a letter from them yesterday stating that they would not be renewing. Reason, not because of the deer accident I had in January but makes me wonder, they are claiming:

"We require a title, an appraisal, and photos for stated amount and stated value coverage for the 85 hondal gl1200L. Because we have not received one or more of the required documents we cannot continue your coverage."

THing has a loan on it, and I dont remember them ever requesting any of what they say they have not received. Sent a copy to the adjuster because I really dont want to have to switch insurance companies and since he has seen the bike I figured he might be able to make a corporate statement to them if he chooses, he has pictures of the 'damaged' bike I can take new pics and send to him after the repairs. Man I was steamed, saw the letter at 11 last night when I got home from the ambulance building.

Hoping this can be reversed otherwise I'll either have to go back to geico, or go somewhere else that will be probably a lot more expensive than progressive.

bob

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

You will probably end up having to pay the loss adjuster for the report, I don't think they do it without a fee. Either way you will ba spending money that you'd prefer to hold on to. :(

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

I just got Progressive on my MC. Geico was cheeper but i have progressive on my cars so went with them anyway.

When i bought it on line they did not even give my the option to go with agreed value.

Here is a snipit from there sight.

"Agreed Value represents the market value of the motorcycle, including the market value of all custom parts or equipment. Agreed Value for physical damage coverage is required for vehicles 25 years or older and limited production cruisers with no resale value listed in NADA."

So nada shows for my zip and your bike to be worth $2,880 so maybe they are saying that becuse you had an accident and they want to know with proof your mc has been fixed?

Pat

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well there appears to be a big difference between NADA and Kelly on the 85 ltd, kelly blue book shows the retail at around 4200.

ANyway, fiasco is a result of something I had requested before I even bought the 85 in late september. I had contemplated putting full coverage on the 77 GL1000 because of its condition. When I found out the headaches of finding someone to appraise it at as a collectible I decided I went with just liability and converted the gl1000 policy back. Unfortunately progressives computer wasnt that smart. When I didnt send the pictures and the appraisal in they automatically marked it for non renewal in august. They didnt even have a problem adding the 85 on it after the non renewal marking.

Short of it is, they claim I have had the non-renewal flag removed from my account and they did apologize for the error.

Been under a lot of stress recently and it was kind of a straw that broke the camels back kind of thing.

bob

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Check with "Dairyland ins" part of "Sentry ins company" in some states hey are real cheap and good! Or call "Bikeline ins" same as "Markel ins"!

Make sure you get coverage before progressive's runs out or they'll up your rates alot !

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Geico is great!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Geico is great!
I've had Geico for years with no problem. They insured my 86 with a salvage history. When I changed it over for the 93 no questions asked even though I added comprehensive.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I insure with Dairyland... $77 a year for my '77 GL1000... hmm.

I just carry liability.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

How do you like this, I called my "idependent ins agent" for a quote on a new bike full coverage, with "progressive" who I have now, and he siad $1057 a year!!!!

I said you made a mistake in the info you entered or something , he said no! So i called Progressive "Drive" direct in Phoenix gave them my info and they said $444 a year without ininsured motorist and $574 a year with it !

Called my agent back and told him, he was a lttle shocked they quoted me such a lower price but I'm going to hold them to it and deal directly with them, forget the agent!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
imported post

I use Dairyland - easy to deal with. I purchased through my agent.:cheeky1:

I previously dealt with Progressive. WHen I got the bill for my 2nd yr renewal, they had "PROGRESSIVELY" doubled the premium - and that was just PLPD! No collision or comprehensive.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
How do you like this, I called my "idependent ins agent" for a quote on a new bike full coverage, with "progressive" who I have now, and he siad $1057 a year!!!!

Called my agent back and told him, he was a lttle shocked they quoted me such a lower price but I'm going to hold them to it and deal directly with them, forget the agent!
:whip:Sounds like your agent was working a pretty fine commission!:whip:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I just got off the phone with "Dairyland/Sentry" was shocked they wanted $1074 a year for an 05 , I told them Progressive wants $5 74 or something close to that , they said you're kidding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.