1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Splendid idea for our family oriented forum. Most astute indeed.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
Perhaps the mods can insert this as needed...
Good idea, I guess...BUT!

I need one that goes something like..."You went and got yourself involved in yet ANOTHER forbidden topic...you...you...DILLWEED you..." :action:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

perhaps this would be better...

(I cant believe I am posting this...)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:DI like to mess around, I have a sense of humor, most of you know that. But on the serious side the ignore feature is a good thing. It will take self control and you cannot be cheating and trying to see what the member said that you have ignored. The way the thing seems to be set up, you can still see that that member has posted, so knowing human nature the way it is, It may not be too effective, but if you do have self control, it will help.

When I first became involved with this forum I was very reluctant to to begin with, I knew there would be occasional conflict, and off the wall comments and even those who are resentful or jealous. I deal with people daily and meet many folks. So one gets to where you know what a person is about to say, before they say it.

One of the reasons that many do not participate on Forums is simply because they come to the forum, lurk a bit, become curious, maybe ask for help and as luck would have it that particular time they get hit upside the head with some comment totally uncalled for. That is generally the cure for most. They will generally stay but simply stay behind the scenes, life is simply much simpler that way.

An example would be something like. Someone is having trouble hearing with their headsets. Some comment like ............well just clean the wax out of your ears. :)

I know and most know that is just in fun, but a new member may not, but if you elaborate on this and provide a good answer to go along with it, then you can say something like that and they know it is in fun. Just that comment standing alone can take several meanings.

I fully plan to use it very well . I will use it and take full advantage of it. As I am sure that others will also. There are over 10,000 members on this forum and maybe what a 100 or so that participate all the time, none of us are going to get along with everyone all the time, there will always be conflict between some personalities, it is just what is and how life works.

I think it is a good thing, but will take self discipline to work as set up.

Kit

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:

I just get sick when I drink bongwater!!!!???????

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
UBarW wrote:

ok I'll bite.. whats bongwater. Be easy on me

Thanks, Ray

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
picasso wrote:
UBarW wrote:

Thanks, Ray
A bong is a water pipe that is usually used for smoking pot. The water gets icky with tar and gunk, or so I've heard. :angel::dude: OK ok, so I wasn't always a good boy. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
RayandTracy wrote:
picasso wrote:
UBarW wrote:

Thanks, Ray
A bong is a water pipe that is usually used for smoking pot. The water gets icky with tar and gunk, or so I've heard. :angel::dude: OK ok, so I wasn't always a good boy. ;)
Ok, just say, You smoked but you never inhaled. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

82gl1100iwingman wrote:
Ok, just say, You smoked but you never inhaled. :cheeky1:
close but no cigar :shock: :cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.