Discussion Starter #1
imported post

...I thought you'd like to see it.

Attachments

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I've seen worse. Looks like you parked it where a Harley had been parked by the oil stain on the floor.:D Hope you get everything fixed and get it on the road.:)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

That seat looks a little uncomfortable:shock: :goofygrin: Good luck getting it back on the road:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nothing a bit of chrome polish and a rag won't sort out mate!!!!:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

I've rescued bikes in worse condition. Needs a good dose of TLC and plenty of elbow grease. Good luck and don't forget to post the finished project.

Regards,

John S

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not all that difficult, just take care of one thing at a time until there's a like new bike sitting there. Restoring a car, bike, airplane or boat, it's all the same, fix one thing at a time. Available money affects only the speed of the restoration, not the quality. At the end of the trail there's satisfaction worth twice what you'll ever have in it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

WoW! Another winger resurecting the dead to live again! :waving:

Here's where I started:

And here's where I'm at:

The paperwork is in and just waiting for a road safety inspection date so I can get her tagged :clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nice, were you able to save some bucks from your effort when you finished?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

I think I'm about <$500 from being done and by then I will have saved about $3500 vs. buying a good condition bike and enjoyed a good learning experience. I have definately become a pro at striping panels off :grinner:

I still need to get new engine gaurds andred LH shelter pieces along with other little odds'n'ends:cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

eluwak wrote:
I think I'm about <$500 from being done and by then I will have saved about $3500 vs. buying a good condition bike and enjoyed a good learning experience. I have definately become a pro at striping panels off :grinner:

I still need to get new engine gaurds andred LH shelter pieces along with other little odds'n'ends:cool:
Sounds like you're doing a lot better than I did on my last restoration project, had $30k in a $20k airplane!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

I think the original photos misled the other potential buyers to think it had frame and/or fork damage when it really didn't. 90% was cosmetic with guage cluster being the real stinker (lucky the speedo,odo and trip still worked good, but the sensor boardfor cruise is kaput).

Got the call from the DMV today... Appointment for road safety inspection is next tuesday at 10am:jumper::clapper::jumper::clapper::jumper:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.