Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok, so this last week was a whirlwind with the trip to Eureka Springs I got to see some beautiful examples of first and second generation wings.

So I get back to OKC and start looking for a first/second gen and find this little beauty (and I use the term beauty loosely) and go and pick her up. Get home and the engine is knocking something fierce, so it is looking like a possible engine swap to get things going, I will be doing some troubleshooting with a friend (Dingdong) to determine the engine is definately bad.

My goal is to make her a "Butt Nekkid" wing and I've also got some ideas for different handlebars and headlights as well.

Here is a couple of pics to start.

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

Looks to be a sound foundation . No to hard to find a used engine if the knocking is serious .

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Just remember, a lot of the 4 cylinder wings knock a lot when the carbs are really in need of sycncronizing. The primary chain makes a hell of a lot of racket if the carbs are out of wack. Looks like a nice project though. Good luck on it.:clapper:

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Holy crap Gene, you may be on to something. We'll be looking into that. Man you may have saved me a ton.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,881 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
Holy crap Gene, you may be on to something. We'll be looking into that. Man you may have saved me a ton.

Jeff
Not likely to be what Gene is describing!Too loud and comming from wrong side of engine.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Well the good news is I've been given a VERY "Generous" budget from my Boss (Stubbytoes) so come he** or high water this thing is going to be brought back to life. And it will make it to ES next year even if it kills me, and it just might.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Learning occurred today. I now know to bleed the air off the front shocks before bleeding the fluid.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
Learning occurred today. I now know to bleed the air off the front shocks before bleeding the fluid.

Jeff
:D:DHow far did it shoot out?????

I did ok on the fluid bleed, but I think I got about 30 yards from the fork cap when it came off. Took the kids about 30 min's to find it in the front yard:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

The ST was sitting on the other side of the garage and looked like it had been shot with a shotgun with a silloheute outline of the guy (me) who was in the direct line of fire. The best part is I had onlookers as well. Ask Dingdong. It was pretty funny but I'm glad I had my glasses on as it went straight in my face. The wife is doing my laundry and I think I may be grounded from the garage for awhile.

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
The ST was sitting on the other side of the garage and looked like it had been shot with a shotgun with a silloheute outline of the guy (me) who was in the direct line of fire. The best part is I had onlookers as well. Ask Dingdong. It was pretty funny but I'm glad I had my glasses on as it went straight in my face. The wife is doing my laundry and I think I may be grounded from the garage for awhile.
Yep! You're a true Rhino! :gunhead::D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
The wife is doing my laundry and I think I may be grounded from the garage for awhile.
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Just make weird noises in the house and fart alot........she'll reinstate your garage privileges:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,881 Posts
imported post

Yes indeed, it was funny. If Jeff hadn't been in the line of fire the stream would have shot about 30 ft. Luckily forhis ST1300 and thewall on the other side of the garage hestopped the majority of the fluid.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

Looks like a fun project Jeff, good luck and hope to see the "Wild Rhino" on the road soon.

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Jeff, sounds like a great project! Keep us informed of your progress!!! :cooldevil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.