Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Did you know the original prototype for the Honda goldwing was the 1500 model that was released ,,,what ,,,12 years after the 1975 model 1000!!!
Honda also made some very small flat 4 engines for small bikes that never made it over here.
I have seen Octanes pics of them ,,,,,does anyone here have these pics of the 1500 goldwing prototype.????????;)

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes!!! thats the bike!!! different photo than I saw before. cool
Looks like the stuffed all that motor into a 750 frame!! With that small frontend I bet its rather squirilly to ride!!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Thats cool,,,,,,,,,,,, I didn't know anything about that. There's always something new to learn here.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Actually it was a 6 cylinder but I do not believe the displacement was anywhere near the 1500. There were a couple of versions

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Actually it was a 6 cylinder but I do not believe the displacement was anywhere near the 1500. There were a couple of versions

The displacement was 1470 cc (the modern 1500 is 1532 cc) and according to my Gold Wing The first 20 Years, it was used and still is today as a test mule, including using several of it's design features for the 1500.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

Looks like a bit of German engineering was used as mock ups for the test mule .

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Looks like some oil patches on the floor!!

Must have had a Non-Honda in there before they took this shot!!

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
The displacement was 1470 cc (the modern 1500 is 1532 cc) and according to my Gold Wing The first 20 Years, it was used and still is today as a test mule, including using several of it's design features for the 1500.:)

Gene:waving:
Got my book sitting right here and never bothered to look it up:(;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.