Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know the power to weight ratio of a GL1500? No-one seems able to answer that one.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

THE FIRST PERSON TO ANSWER THIS ONE ,,,GETS A FREE PINT AT THE IRISH TREFFEN ,,,:):)CIARAN

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Does anyone know the power to weight ratio of a GL1500? No-one seems able to answer that one.
I dont ride a 1500 so I dont have the manual for it. But if this is not answered by next w/end, there's one man that will answer it, and thats the Administrator of this great site :D"The Wingnut" :Dwhen he returns from his hols. :cool: P.S. And he like myself does'nt drink pints, but will take a 7up or similar.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
The wingnut is back in town from the hols and boy has he some tan. Ok wingnut this question was posted in your absence and there are still no answers. Wexman has offered a pint to the first person who can answer it. So thats a pint of 7up in your casewhen you give this person the answer. ;)I think the answer is 11 - 1 if the weight of the 1500 is around 830lbs but im not sure. You are the maestro. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I missed this post last night when I was having a quick look through the new messages after my holiday. Anyway;

4.96kW/kg for an SE, 4.86kW/kg for an Aspencade and 4.81kW/kg for the Interstate. As you can probably gather, all well in excess of the learner or rider (restricted for two years on the full licence) who just passed the test.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
I missed this post last night when I was having a quick look through the new messages after my holiday. Anyway;

4.96kW/kg for an SE, 4.86kW/kg for an Aspencade and 4.81kW/kg for the Interstate. As you can probably gather, all well in excess of the learner or rider (restricted for two years on the full licence) who just passed the test.
When these weight figures are sorted, how is the power to weight ratio worked out.? I think thats what this member is looking for. :cool:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

The officialfigures are usually based (by the insurance companies and road tax officials) on the quoted manufacturers power (100bhp for a 1500 wing is 75kw) divided into the dry weight of the bike. That's the official way but the more accurate way is to test it on a Dyno, but it's long been recognized that different makes of Dyno give different results as well! That's why most manufacturers are reluctant to quote ptw figures, they just give us the bhp & weight numbers and let us go figure it out ourselves.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

With no exact answer:(:( ,does this mean I dont have to buy anybody a pint:D:D ?but I think steve and paul deserve a coffee or a 7 up for the effort ,so next time we meet the coffees/minerals are on me :):):)Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
The officialfigures are usually based (by the insurance companies and road tax officials) on the quoted manufacturers power (100bhp for a 1500 wing is 75kw) divided into the dry weight of the bike. That's the official way but the more accurate way is to test it on a Dyno, but it's long been recognized that different makes of Dyno give different results as well! That's why most manufacturers are reluctant to quote ptw figures, they just give us the bhp & weight numbers and let us go figure it out ourselves.
So that means my answer 11-1 is near enough correct. 830lbs divided by 75kw = 11.06. :cool: Im afraid wexman the pint of 7up will have to come this way. :D.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

You're way off Redwing! It's all done metric, the book weight of the 1500se is 372kgs divided by 75 gives the 4.96 figure.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

At least we have an answer for Englishted even though it took the best part of a month to get it.It would appear that he has tried worldwide with no success.:cool:The pint is yours after all.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
At least we have an answer for Englishted even though it took the best part of a month to get it
It was only 10 days really. No one else was able to answer it and I did try lots of places (about 8 biker forums, plus 10-15 e-mails to various gurus). Even main dealers and Honda UK couldn't answer it for me! MAG had the figures for the hp and weight but didn't know that was how to get the ptw figures. I phoned them today and told them how it was done and they were happy to get some more knowledge just in case others want to know.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
At least we have an answer for Englishted even though it took the best part of a month to get it
It was only 10 days really. No one else was able to answer it and I did try lots of places (about 8 biker forums, plus 10-15 e-mails to various gurus). Even main dealers and Honda UK couldn't answer it for me! MAG had the figures for the hp and weight but didn't know that was how to get the ptw figures. I phoned them today and told them how it was done and they were happy to get some more knowledge just in case others want to know.
does that mean they will pay for the pint :(:(:(or do I have to fork out for it .which is cheaper coffee or 7 up ?now theres a question not one of you will be able to answer:):):)ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
englishted wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
At least we have an answer for Englishted.
No one else was able to answer it and I did try lots of places (about 8 biker forums, plus 10-15 e-mails to various gurus). Even main dealers and Honda UK couldn't answer it for me! MAG had the figures for the hp and weight but didn't know that was how to get the ptw figures. I phoned them today and told them how it was done and they were happy to get some more knowledge just in case others want to know.
which is cheaper coffee or 7 up ?now theres a question not one of you will be able to answer:):):)ciaran
Wexman You are now breaking the rules. That word coffee is not to be used on this board. :cool: :X ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.