Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As a ex 1200 owner and now 1500 owner, I have to say the latest 1800 version of the Goldwing is pretty bulky and ugly looking in my opinion. I have to admit it is a superior performer...but not for me. I think I would prefer the ST1300 looks to that of the 1800 wing. The older wings 1500, 1200, 1100 etc have a sleeker look which I prefer. I must be getting old. Anyone else agree?

Joe

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Well now, I ain't gonna say if'n I agree or disagree with ya 'bout them looks. But I will say I cain't see how it looks when I'm flyin' through the mountains and the old wings cain't keep up...cuz my eyes is looking at the road ahead. Cain't really tell ya what them older wings look like either cuz they don't show up in my mirrors.;)

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey scotwing :stumped: Im afraid you took the wrong tablets this morning. :crying:

:whip: :18red: :18red: :18red: :18red::whip:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

scotwing, I have to agree with you that the 1800 doesn't do it for me, looks wise, some of it looks good and some bits not and the overall is, that it's not for me. We are likely to get pummeled under the deluge of 1800 supporters, but it is only an oppinion on looks. I prefer all the previous models, but boy I'd sure like to see how one handles, that might sway me if it was an issue, which it isn't, cuz I can't afford one.

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Some guys think their "Ugly Wife" is beautiful!

Hey that's OK with me!:baffled:

Because to them she is !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

I have posted it before and i'll post it again. The 1800 faring is UGLY. It is a superior machine though from all i have read. As soon as the car pays off im looking to buy the newest 1500 i can find. That is one sleek looking sexy machine.

Pat

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

,,,I have found that it is mostly people who cannot afford an 1800 are the ones who say they are ugly ,,,maybe I am wrong ...but I dont think so :D:D:D:D:D:waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman :waving:Well i certainly cannot afford the :18red:but i have to say she is the most outstanding machine i have ever laid my eyes on. :clapper:I think the people who dont like the look of the :18red:are just lacking in taste, and it's just a case of not being able to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Sounds like a bit of elitism there Wexman!! No, I just can,t see me owning one ,purely from a personal point of view. I,ve been in groups which have included all types of wings, but the 1800 just doesn,t do it for me. The biggest problem I have with it is the aluminium frame, which I think spoils the lines of the bike, The front fairingand top box/ panniers appear bulbous. I love the concept of goldwings in general, but fear for future design if the 1800 is anything to go by. Still everyone to their own opinion.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
,,,I have found that it is mostly people who cannot afford an 1800 are the ones who say they are ugly ,,,maybe I am wrong ...but I dont think so :D:D:D:D:D:waving:
Actually I could afford one and will buy a new bike probably early next year?

I like the looks of the 1800 except for the huge "Passenger Seat", I like the front and sides alot!

I'll keep my Old Wing , it runs great and is very comfortable for my size person!

But i'm looking at a "Yamaha RSTD", a "Kawasaki Concours"(would need risers and lower the pegs) and another bike, won't mention it right now, would get some guys here too excited!!!:baffled:

I would consider a 1997 Wing in great shape,I like the Valkrye componets!!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I'm not gonna touch that one!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I like my naked 83 tooo much to think about an 1800!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
I like my naked 83 tooo much to think about an 1800!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
83 yrs old and naked!

What's going on in NC?!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

We are as kinky as that little ole lady on that other thread! :cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil: :cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think the 1200 was the best looking of the dressed Goldwings. That said I like riding my 1500 better. I don't like the headlights and mirror turnsignals on the 1800 but if I had the bucks I'd be able to overcome my revulsion. I'm afraid the Wexman might be on the right path on this one!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I like bikes where you can actually see more of the engine than just the valve covers.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

A few accessories on a GL1800 and it looks as good as any Wing, just wish I could afford one. :?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Said this before and I'll say it again.

They just have to get better as they get newer and bigger. I own a 1200 Aspy, but would happily trade it for a 1500. If I had a fifteen hundred I would happily trade it for an 1800. The ride is the most important thing. If you don't like the lights or the roundness of the panniers etc, guess what,.... ya can't see them when you're on the front seat.

Andrew

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I like bikes where you can actually see more of the engine than just the valve covers.
Raymond
I would like a bike so good I don't have to see the engine unless I want to. The Wing is getting close.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.