Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

scotwing, I have to agree with you that the 1800 doesn't do it for me, looks wise, some of it looks good and some bits not and the overall is, that it's not for me. We are likely to get pummeled under the deluge of 1800 supporters, but it is only an oppinion on looks. I prefer all the previous models, but boy I'd sure like to see how one handles, that might sway me if it was an issue, which it isn't, cuz I can't afford one.

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
Greetings to all,

Being the fortunate owner of a '92 1500 and an '05 1800 I feel qualified to add my 2 centsworth. I must admit that I think the 1500 faring is better looking, but every time I go out to my garagewith the intention of taking the 1500 for a spin I end up taking the 1800. I find it a lot more easier to handle as the steering seems lighter andthe seat is also a little lower which I prefer although her indoors in the passenger seat says she gets a bit of wind buffeting. Also and most important the seat is much more comfortable. I suppose it all comes down to personal choice as towhich model we prefer. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked the same things? Anyway it's eight in the morning here, I've got a day off work, the weather is awesome and I have to make that decisionagain,,, wonder which bike to take. See ya later.

Regards,

JohnS
Now you're just showing off John, aren't you? Fact is, you must be filthy rich, if you can afford to have both fuelled up and ready to go, with the price of fuel as it is!!

Couldn't you make your descision based on something like.... the 1500 for the North Island and the 1800 for the South? Or is it more..... "we take the 1800 if we are likely to see Andrew on our travels"

Must be like having two wives really, " do I go out with the stunning new model, or do I take the slightly moth eaten older lady, who still looks good even after many years?"

Don't forget, if you buy all these extras for the 1800, you should at least treat the 1500 to some bits too, must treat each equally, or there will be trouble!!

Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.