Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
22,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you too have given up on music, you may find this interesting.

Now it's common for the piped-in sound at your local fast food joint to be selected by the barely literate moron who messed up your burger order.

Is it the sauce, or the music, that's making you feel ill?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last year I have been listening to a lot of podcas. If I like it I listen to it, if not I’m turning it off and go to the next one. There is a lot of content in the podcast world , lots a good shows about motorcycles , stuff that you cannot get on a normal broadcast radio, even satellite paid radio. And I totally agree not a good music lately, there is some, but it is not played or exposed at all.

·
Administrator
25,367 Posts
The part around 16 minutes says it all. I guess this I why I don't have any recording less then 30 years old.

·
Administrator
22,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Japan has a different thing going on. I don't understand what they're singing, even when it's in English, and the music itself is not to my taste, but the musicianship is undeniably top rate. Mostly, Baby Metal just makes me smile. They're cute.

Also top o' the heap musicianship and vocals from these gals. Again, I enjoy watching the videos even though the music isn't to my taste, I'm warming to it...a little.

There are lots of other rock bands in Japan. I think Band Maid is my favorite. Maybe just because I like looking at them. They're more than cute.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
The only thing they can "make" me do is turn it off. Country ain't country no more.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
I wonder if our parents said this about our choice of music? Unfortunately i am one of those "old parents" some of the things that they call "music" today is nothing more that a bunch of noise. If you gave 99% of these so called "artist" a real instrument to play , they would have no idea how to get "real music" out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@trike lady , @AZgl1800. About Podcasts, I have a I phone, and there is a APP for podcasts, and there is a search button, you can enter in the search box “ Motorcycle shows “ or “ Motorcycle podcast “ and it will show you most of them. They are all free. I’m a Truck Driver, and I spend a lot of time driving, and that is giving me a lot of time for listening all kinds of stuff. Some of the best podcasts for me are,
1.) Motorcycle and Misfits
2.) NOCO Moto,
3.) Adventure Rider Radio
4.) Adventure Rider Radio RAW
5.) Chasing the Horizon
5.) This Motorcycle Life
6.) Cafe Racer Podcast
7.) Motorcycle Man
8.) Cleveland Moto podcast
9.) Loud pipes.
There is more, but this are the ones that I follow. They all have their own style, and focus on different aspects of Motorcycling. Some of them are more colorful and free spirited, some of them are more structured and professional. I depends on what you like.
Also a google search will help too, and I believe that the other phones have some kind of podcast playing app.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Actually, I think they are primarily evangelical Christian. They play the instrumental tracks to current contemporary Christian music. Their primary customer base identifies and appreciates. Others don't recognize and ignore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts